Tail rot/ pinched tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilykylee

Hello, i am new to this community i have a baby witblit here and i am wondering if there is anything i need to do with her tail. The tip was eaten partially by crickets when she was with the breeder. I'm wondering if it needs attention, or if it will recover on its own. or if its doomed to fall off.

Another issue with her tail is there is a bend closer to the top like a kink I'm not sure how it happened breeder thinks she pinched it and it should return to normal. What I'm wondering is if this is ok and will it possibly get stuck this way.
101854-8281070445.jpg
101854-2672467027.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Emily, that will probably fall off but if not it will stay bent, not return to normal. Even if it falls off it will probably be fine but watch for any type of infection .

Did you get a discount ? You should have, if a breeder says it will return to normal ,they have not seen too many pinched tails. It should not be a big deal at all but still a slight defect and might have a very small chance of spreading.

Emilykylee

Original Poster
AHBD":11of3am0 said:
Hi Emily, that will probably fall off but if not it will stay bent, not return to normal. Even if it falls off it will probably be fine but watch for any type of infection .

Did you get a discount ? You should have, if a breeder says it will return to normal ,they have not seen too many pinched tails. It should not be a big deal at all but still a slight defect and might have a very small chance of spreading.

Hello again thanks for the reply. I should have been a little more clear. The zoomed in picture is what i was worried about falling off which yes the breeder said it probably will. The tail pinch i was talking about is another thing its up closer to the base. Heres a more accurate picture. http://imgur.com/gallery/KfFSlpq

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh, that didn't show much in the first picture. It could be a fracture or a deformity, not normal at all. An xray could show what you need to know..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom