Red Patches on scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous123

Hello I've noticed my bearded dragon has a few red patches on his stomach and I've seen a few post without any answers to them.
I have a 40 gallon breeder with a 100 Watt and 10.0 UVB from ZooMed.
He will not eat crickets under any circumstances and mainly eats Super Worms and I'm starting to get a dubia colony with Collard Greens,Carrots and kale. He gets Horn Worms,Butter Worms, ZooMeds Canned Snails as treats randomly but not that often.
He's about 8 months I'm assuming and hasn't pooped within the last 8 days other than once and it was a small amount than normal with a larger urate. He looks fairly bloated and I've tried multiple warm baths with massages.
The red patches are fairly new and noticed them a few days ago and I've switched to paper towel instead of ReptileCarpet. He has nothing red or has eaten anything red that could stain him.
101840-5438669012.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There must have been something red in the tank to stain him, that happens often enough.

BTW, give him any of these to help him poo: baby food squash, sweet potato or prunes. Canned pumpkin [ no spices ] applesauce. Add extra water for hydration. Those are all natural laxatives and will help him to go. :)

Anonymous123

Original Poster
AHBD":2cuw7o9i said:
There must have been something red in the tank to stain him, that happens often enough.

BTW, give him any of these to help him poo: baby food squash, sweet potato or prunes. Canned pumpkin [ no spices ] applesauce. Add extra water for hydration. Those are all natural laxatives and will help him to go. :)
Thank you, I've tried just olive oil and a bath later this night ill try some more things in the morning,Also is it normal for the poop to smell bad? I've noticed his poop is much larger than a lot of google photos while he goes every 2-3 days and my family will sometimes gag when he does.

Anonymous123

Original Poster
Update: Tried another bath with massages for around 45 minutes and tried baby prune food but he refused it so i had to dip SuperWorms into it to make him eat them but he refused it after the third worm. I'll pick up a syringe in the morning if i can, Does anyone know how a vet would deal with constipation/impaction? The last vet I went to just told me to post on forums if i had any issues and messed up a few times with results so it was a headache and there isn't that many exotics vets to my knowledge

Anonymous123

Original Poster
Anonymous123":1vaozp1t said:
Update: Tried another bath with massages for around 45 minutes and tried baby prune food but he refused it so i had to dip SuperWorms into it to make him eat them but he refused it after the third worm. I'll pick up a syringe in the morning if i can, Does anyone know how a vet would deal with constipation/impaction? The last vet I went to just told me to post on forums if i had any issues and messed up a few times with results so it was a headache and there isn't that many exotics vets to my knowledge
I forgot to mention but his appetite is still what it was, I've been reading articles about brumation saying they'll refuse to eat or not eat as much and I'm unsure if I should limit his intake

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
This is fairly common, not a health emergency with a larger dragon. He will eventually go, some dragons don't poo for more than 2 weeks at times for various reasons. Try the baby food squash + sweet potato as well as raw honey, beardies like those natural laxatives.

The 45 minute bath is excessive, and massages can actually hurt the full stomach, no need for those at all. Next bath can just be 10 minute, but warmer + a bit deeper than usual. After that put him in a nice hot spot, he will eventually go, no need for a vet. :)

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Sometimes I mix some Repashy grub pie with unsweetened applesauce, baby food prunes and a few drops of olive oil and give it to him 3 days in a row, usually he will do his thing. He won’t poop in his tank, so he needs a little running around and he finds his place in the kitchen on the linoleum floor. He’s happy and so and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom