Please HELP STRANGE BUMP ON BEARDIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

VickyAC

Hi I've noticed that my beardie siracha has a weird bump where the tail starts and her anus area is swollen. Is it a fracture?
101817-3946721191.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Maybe impaction or an infection of some kind. Is she having any trouble pooping? Is she having any mobility issues? It's probably a good idea to bring her to a vet who has experience treating bearded dragons so it can be checked out more thoroughly. An x-ray may be helpful.

VickyAC

Original Poster
Hi thank you for answering
She is having a little trouble pooping and moving so I don't know if its a fracture.
I'm giving her some olive oil and feeding her applesauce because she doesn't want to eat crickets.
I'm giving her some calcium supplement aswell. I don't know if she's in pain or not and I'm really worried.
I'm going to send you a picture of how she's doing today.

VickyAC

Original Poster
Hi everyone I was hoping somebody could help me with my beardie because she has a weird bump on the area where the tail starts and I don't know what it is.
PLEASE HELP
101817-4008367551.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, what type of lighting do you have, what does she eat and how often do you use calcium powder [ and does it have D3 ? ] Has she been pooing regularly ?

That type of lump is from MBD [ metabolic bone disease ] and can be worsened if the beardie is impacted or has a hard time pooing. What happens is the bones get softer and develop tiny fractures, it can cause a lump quickly or over time as it repairs itself .

Can you post a pic of her tank, including the lights ?

VickyAC

Original Poster
Hi
Thank you soo much for answering!
She eats pinhead crickets and veggies I give her natural sunlight and calcium supplement once a week (I think that's too little but the are no good vets where I live) the calcium does have D3 I'll send you a pic of the tank.she's also having a little trouble pooping.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
VickyAC":4hsgq9yg said:
Hi
Thank you soo much for answering!
She eats pinhead crickets and veggies I give her natural sunlight and calcium supplement once a week (I think that's too little but the are no good vets where I live) the calcium does have D3 I'll send you a pic of the tank.she's also having a little trouble pooping.

How old is she? Pinhead crickets are too small and should only be fed to 0-2month olds. Veggies should be fed to 8-12 month olds.

Calcium once a week is NOT enough for a beardie no matter what their age is, they should at least be having calcium three times a week and vitamins two or at least once a week.

Do you keep her tank outside? Is that what you mean by natural sunlight?
If you do, please get a heat lamp because the tank can and will overheat, resulting in stress and even death.

Heat at 99-105F is great for an adult while younger beardies like 100-109F.

You can get a REPTISUN UVB TUBE T8 10.0 online or in a pet store. The lump DOES look like MBD so I recommend you getting the tube.

You definitely need some lamps, heat and UVB, but that information should be readily available, and others on the site would know the specifics better than myself. You can and should give supplements more often than once week. Again, I'm not an expert but that info should be easy to find as well.

I mainly wanted to address the trouble pooing. You can help her by giving daily soaks in warm (not hot) water. It should help her poo more comfortably. If she's still having issues, gently massage her lower abdomen to get things moving. In the short term, that is one of the best things you can do for her.

In the long term, you will have to take steps to remedy and hopefully reverse the effects of MBD. A vet would be able to prescribe liquid calcium, otherwise proper heating, lighting, and supplements are essential long term.

VickyAC

Original Poster
So I should feed her mostly veggies according to her age and give her vitamins and calcium at least 3 times a week and she'll get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom