Please HELP STRANGE BUMP ON BEARDIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Vicky,

She is a little cutie for sure, a bit small. Everyone has given great advice. I would really
consider getting a T5 Reptisun 10 or an Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5. Both of these are the
higher UVB output & terrific tube bulbs. The prices have come down some but they are
pretty affordable now.
I highly recommend getting her on a liquid calcium also right now because she can absorb
that much better & faster. Since she has had trouble going to the bathroom, giving some
extra fluids will help too. When they are low in calcium, their smooth muscles become
weak which affects the motility of the GI tract, etc & they have trouble going to the bathroom.
She can pull through this but she will need the UVB lighting, better & more frequent calcium
& supplementation, as well as optimal temperatures for basking.

Let us know how she is doing. Did you find a vet to take her to?

Tracie

VickyAC

Original Poster
Hi Tracey

I haven't found a vet yet but my beardie siracha is doing a lot better.
I will get the uvb light and the liquid calcium.
Right now I'm giving her applesauce with calcium powder, crickets, baby food, and water.
I gave her a warm bath today and that helped a lot.
Although I did notice that her anal area is a little swollen.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I think that her main issue is proper UVB, UVB rays do not pass through glass or plastic, so in essence she is getting zero UVB.
Without it they cannot absorb the nutrients from their food properly, which can cause major health problems.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Vicky,

I am glad to hear she is doing a bit better today.
Siracha is a cute name for her. :D Yeah, those muscles may be a little lax right now,
with not getting adequate calcium & UVB. Continue with the feedings for her. Also, do keep
her a little warmer overnight, around 80 or so, to help boost her metabolism & immune system
since she isn't feeling 100% right now.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Vicky,

Yes, warmed rice bags are extremely good, with a towel in between her & the rice bags so it
doesn't get too hot. Or a heating pad, on low, with a towel in between also. Belly heat is nice
for them overnight when they aren't feeling well. :D

Tracie

VickyAC

Original Poster
That is exactly what I'm doing right now cause she's sleeping close to me for now just to keep an eye on her!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Vicky,

That sounds great, she must be very happy & contented then being so close to you. :D
I hope she gets to feeling better.

Tracie

VickyAC

Original Poster
Hi

Siracha is doing just fine!
She's having her regular calcium doses and vitamins
She looks happy and better
Thanks for asking!
And her tail is too. It hasn't gotten infected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom