Rib/back pain or twitching

Status
Not open for further replies.

chichi118

my bearded dragon seems to be in pain in his lower back/rib are. It twitches when you touch it and his beard is always black

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry that Chito is not so well. You'd really need xrays to tell you what the human eye can't see. For now, keep all of his climbing areas lower to the ground and don't let him anywhere he can jump from like a table, bed or even while being carried. Only thing you can do is keep him from hurting himself, give him plenty of calcium and make sure his uvb bulb is good. BTW, what exact uvb bulbs do you have ? Take him in the sun as well, but keep a close eye on himIt may be helpful to post a few pics of him [ full body ] of his tank and his lighting . A video of him walking would also be good.

Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry that Chito is not doing well. Can you review the type/brand of UVB you are currently
using, & more of your tank setup for us?
It sounds like he may have hurt himself, or he is having bone issues from improper calcium
intake & UVB exposure.
Has his beard been black or darker lately?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom