I need help and I'm very new to this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got two bea
101814-6679570526.jpg
rded dragons and one is 4 year old boy (spike) and the other is a 2 year old girl (ruby).
Spike has not been eating since we got him and he's also really slow and when he stick out his tongue to eat he shakes a little. Also he has a sore on his side and it's like a bump and he acts like it hurts him so I don't know what to do.
Ruby eats and everything I think she just has a hard time sleeping if that makes sense? Can a bearded dragon not like the heat? Because she moves around alot in her cage and acts restless but then when her dad (my husband) gets her out she falls asleep on him. Is there something I can maybe fix in her cage that will help?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you provide details on their setups? What are the dimensions of their tanks? What kind of lighting do you have in place for them? What are the surface temps in their tanks? If you can post some photos of their setups that would be helpful.

It sounds like Spike may be ill but I'm not sure what's wrong yet. Do you know what his diet was before you got him? Giving him proper heat and lighting along with a healthy diet may go a long way to help him (Ruby too). As far as the bump goes, I'd keep a close eye on it to see if it is enlarging or spreading. It may not be harmful but it could also be the start of an infection of some kind. You could try putting some raw/unpasteurized honey over it. That can act as an antimicrobial and may help. If you see it start to spread or enlarge then I would get him to an experienced vet so they can investigate further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom