Baby dragon pooped, Bloody Urate. Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
So Rocket Pooped, and I was horrified to find blood in his poop. ? Please help I'm really worried.

He is 2 months old, male, around 8-9 inches, eats dubia roaches, crickets, collars greens, cilantro, and mustard greens.

Yesterday we had to go out of town for a day and The beardies were left without food for probably 30 hours, He seemed ok, but when I went to check on him last night he looked really skinny, bones showing, sunken in fat pads, and really thirsty. :( and finally this morning, Bloody poop. :(

I immediately gave him water and dubias and he seems to look better, his fat pads are less sunken in and he drank for like 2 minutes today and yesterday.

View media item 60550 the poop. View media item 60860 him just sitting on the water bowl (which I remove each night).

Thank you in advance! ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it may be that he was pretty dehydrated , had a hard time pooing which could cause the blood. If you see it again though, you may want to get a fecal test done to check for parasites.

How is his appetite ? The next time you leave for a while, put a bowl of bsfl in for him and a small bowl of wetted down greens for hydration.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
AHBD":1pro8owq said:
Hi there, it may be that he was pretty dehydrated , had a hard time pooing which could cause the blood. If you see it again though, you may want to get a fecal test done to check for parasites.

How is his appetite ? The next time you leave for a while, put a bowl of bsfl in for him and a small bowl of wetted down greens for hydration.
I hope that was just it as his skin was wrinklier than normal, and his appetite is great, he has been eating and drinking regularly.

and Ok, good to know, I didn't know baby beardies could have bsfl. I didn't have any on hand at the moment though.

Hopefully he will be alright, will post more updates soon.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocket pooped this morning, it was a bit watery but overall fine, and I think the water was from him drinking a lot. He is still very active and eager to eat though. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yep he seems to be back and healthy again now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom