Baby dragon pooped, Bloody Urate. Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
So Rocket Pooped, and I was horrified to find blood in his poop. ? Please help I'm really worried.

He is 2 months old, male, around 8-9 inches, eats dubia roaches, crickets, collars greens, cilantro, and mustard greens.

Yesterday we had to go out of town for a day and The beardies were left without food for probably 30 hours, He seemed ok, but when I went to check on him last night he looked really skinny, bones showing, sunken in fat pads, and really thirsty. :( and finally this morning, Bloody poop. :(

I immediately gave him water and dubias and he seems to look better, his fat pads are less sunken in and he drank for like 2 minutes today and yesterday.

View media item 60550 the poop. View media item 60860 him just sitting on the water bowl (which I remove each night).

Thank you in advance! ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it may be that he was pretty dehydrated , had a hard time pooing which could cause the blood. If you see it again though, you may want to get a fecal test done to check for parasites.

How is his appetite ? The next time you leave for a while, put a bowl of bsfl in for him and a small bowl of wetted down greens for hydration.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
AHBD":1pro8owq said:
Hi there, it may be that he was pretty dehydrated , had a hard time pooing which could cause the blood. If you see it again though, you may want to get a fecal test done to check for parasites.

How is his appetite ? The next time you leave for a while, put a bowl of bsfl in for him and a small bowl of wetted down greens for hydration.
I hope that was just it as his skin was wrinklier than normal, and his appetite is great, he has been eating and drinking regularly.

and Ok, good to know, I didn't know baby beardies could have bsfl. I didn't have any on hand at the moment though.

Hopefully he will be alright, will post more updates soon.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocket pooped this morning, it was a bit watery but overall fine, and I think the water was from him drinking a lot. He is still very active and eager to eat though. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yep he seems to be back and healthy again now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom