Alot of white urate, lethargic, been to vet 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkausky32

Hello. I am at a loss and reaching out to you guys. Ive had my girl right around a year. Everything was going fine. Then she quit pooping, it had been about a week and a half no bowel movement. Which was really.off for her. She didnt want to move as much. So we went to the vet. Vet did an enema. She was like hopefully we got most of it out keep soaking back off the greens. She gave me some pin worm meds because she noticed them in the stool.and sent me on my way. She said the worms werent bad just always like to treat. Few days go by my girl never pulls back out. Shes down mostly not moving just laying kinda with her back legs spread awkwardly to me. She did eat her crix like a beast and i backed down the greens like the vet said so ok fine. Well 3 days pass I go back to the vet she looks stupid lethargic. Vet keeps her a a few hours. She gives her calcium and Midicane I think. Said she believed she maybe fell and hurt herself in her enclosure. She said she didnt want to move her tail much and her leg was bothering her. I kept my mouth shut the vet is dumb nice and with my location im very limited.on vets for my girl, but I question if the enema didnt hurt her. She also said it could be a reaction to the pinworm med but she said thats so rare she doubts it. So we go back home. Same state. She gets up only for crix. Other than that shes in the same spot.all day. Im soaking daily. I got another poop out of her. Still alot of white Issue is vet now wants her on calcium syringes from her for 2 weeks because shes putting the lethargy to calcium deficeny. But shes seen the poop like me its alot.of white. Is the calcium making things worse? idk what to do to get her better I keep going to the vet I keep giving her meds but it feels so counterintuitive bc shes got like harder white poops and she is not getting better just lays there. I have a 75 gallon tank. 150 basking. Uvb desert tube light. 2 100w ceramic heat lamps. She is on a 12/12 schedule currently. Cool side with cave stays at about 80 hotter said 90 to 95 in diff spots with the basking spot at 100. I am really at a loss. I am doing everything I know to do and can and we are getting no where . This is my first dragon. I have only ever had her. She does seem to squint off and on to. Vet even noticed it but said her eyes looked fine thats why I try to use more ceramic than bright lighting and sometimes I do rotate shutting off the baking or uvb if i see her in a squinting fit. So I kinda want to believe I made this calcium issue by doing that. But the light might be off 4 hours a week off her normal schedule and its just one so it doesnt go dark both my basking and tube give off uv. So im just trying to make it less bright for her so shes not squinting. Like Ive always done everything I could or knew to do and I thought I was doing alright, but somethings up.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry to hear this. Can you post pics of your girl [ what's her name BTW ? ] and her set up, including the lights ? It may be that your uvb bulb is producing insufficient amounts to reach her in a tall tank. That may be a big part of the initial problem. You probably need a stronger uvb like Arcadia D3 14% or Reptisun 10.0 t5. mounted inside the tank, attached through the screen with wire or twine.

Sad to say, the enema was not necessary. I and many, many others have had dragons be constipated for over 2 weeks, it is no emergency with an adult dragon. And the advice to " hold off the greens " makes no sense. The crickets are far more likely to make her poos harder to pass whereas the greens would help. To help your girl to poo, give her any or all of these natural laxatives : baby food squash or sweet potato, canned pumpkin [ no spices ] applesauce, and a few big drops of olive oil or raw honey added to any of those. Extra water helps as well. Keep the crickets to a little less than the usual amount, you don't want to starve her but you don't want her full of harder to digest food in her condition.

So here's how to post pics :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload

jkausky32

Original Poster
I dont really know how to post pics in here so bear with me. Her lights havent been on long yet this morning and the humidity is a tinge high rn but I do have a dehumidifier I kick on in the morning to bring it back down. I honestly havent read your whole post yet and I will here in a sec Im just trying to figure out how to get these pics up

101736-8760882886.jpg

101736-9116958128.jpg

jkausky32

Original Poster
We have a metal top and I always worried about like a bulb blowing so i never wanted to hang the UV in it. I thought i was being safe but if I need to I will. We use reptivite on her greens. She just will not eat them right now. She wants nothing to do with greens I tried mustard kale dandelion greens. She might take two bites and quits. She really doesnt want to walk to her bowl. She only moves for the crickets but ill cut them back and the tank use to have the hammock higher with better ways to reach it but the vet told me to move it down because she thought he leg was hurt. Her name is Cricket btw lol. My husband used to screw up and say I fed the crickets when he meant our girl so it stuck lol. I will have to go out and get applesauce or try that laxative stuff then. I just dont wanna keep traumatizing her with the vet when shes not even seeming to get better. Oh and I guess I forgot to mention the cave has traveled to the other side bc if she hurt herself falling and doesnt want to move bc of that ive given her diff ways off the hammock. Ive taken more awkward peices out. It just like everyday we do calcium and bath i put her on the repti carpet. She somehow gets up there then done moving till its time for me to bathe and medicine again and thats daily rn.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, Cricket is a sweetie ! :) The set up is good but yes, definitely get the uvb in the tank, attached under the scree. Do you use calcium ? I think Reptivite is just vitamins.....so be sure to get some good calcium powder. If it's warm where you live, take her out in the sun, that will give her a good boost right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom