Not sure what she's doing or why, can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://youtu.be/OR2eutv0ciE
Quick video of her odd behavior, what does this look like to you?

She gapes when she's basking and when she's not basking, hot side is always between 96F and 101F. Cool side stays between 80F and 90F. Her humidity has been between 50% and 60%. She's only two months old and I've had her for a week. She's currently going into shed. She hasn't really eaten in two days, she seems more tired as well.

Hopefully the added information helps.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Is she making any popping sounds as she breathes heavily ? That could be a respiratory infection. What are her night temps ?

lizardmen7

Original Poster
AHBD":gpsplwe6 said:
Is she making any popping sounds as she breathes heavily ? That could be a respiratory infection. What are her night temps ?

I held her up to my ear to listen, I heard little popping sounds. Her night temps are at 100F due to her nightlight, I turn off her basking light and it goes down to 85F over there.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, 100 at night is way too high ! That itself can cause the breathing problems. Cut the lights off at night, you only need a heat source if it goes below 68 [ for a baby ] and then you would use a CHE [ ceramic heat emitter ] that produces heat but no light. If the temp. is 70-80 at night, you don't need a heat source. and besides that, the lights disrupt their sleep even if it's dark.

Your baby may be overheated + dehydrated so give it some water with a dropper , slowly drip on his snout.

lizardmen7

Original Poster
AHBD":3bx8u9u4 said:
Oh no, 100 at night is way too high ! That itself can cause the breathing problems. Cut the lights off at night, you only need a heat source if it goes below 68 [ for a baby ] and then you would use a CHE [ ceramic heat emitter ] that produces heat but no light. If the temp. is 70-80 at night, you don't need a heat source. and besides that, the lights disrupt their sleep even if it's dark.

Your baby may be overheated + dehydrated so give it some water with a dropper , slowly drip on his snout.

I will try the dropper. My friend said that I needed to keep the UVB light on, should I cut it off? And leave both night and basking off?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Your friend said to leave the uvb on at night ? If so that is totally incorrect, all lights go off at night.
Hope she drinks some, and that her breathing will improve once she can cool off at night.

lizardmen7

Original Poster
AHBD":3muwlxch said:
Your friend said to leave the uvb on at night ? If so that is totally incorrect, all lights go off at night.
Hope she drinks some, and that her breathing will improve once she can cool off at night.

Thank you so much. I will try this and see how she does. Right now she isn't eating anything and just wants to be behind her basking tree. Again, thank you so much for your help.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
AHBD":2t1fpiri said:
You're welcome ! Best wishes for good health to your baby. :)

Hi AHBD, if I remember correctly, beardies can see at least a portion of the UV spectrum. Do you happen to know if this is true and, if so, how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom