Dehydration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
So I got my bearded dragon around April of this year. She’s friendly other than the fact she does not like bath time, she will quickly try and bite me and then escape. She also does not eat any veggies that I leave for her, she will occasionally eat one or two pieces of grapes, carrots or mayb zucchini but that’s hand fed. I’m worried she’s dehydrated and not consuming enough food besides the crickets I feed her. Her skin Is wrinkling which I read Is a sign of dehydration and her color has changed recently from pretty orange to dark gray.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can better tell dehydration by how their poop looks. If that isn't dried out she is probably OK. If she doesn't like baths, don't offer them. They aren't necessary and aren't worth the stress if they don't enjoy it. Try dripping water on her nose instead and see if she licks that up. If she is eating the crickets they are probably providing enough hydration. Feed them fresh veges to help ensure they are providing as much hydration and nutrition as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom