START OF MBD???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriLeigh1

101276-1401176630.jpg

Hope I uploaded the image right, this is drake. I thought she was a boy for the first few months I had her lol that’s why her name is drake. She’s around 6 months old (my best guess) and I noticed her back looks like this all of a sudden and I’m super worried. I could just be paranoid (like I always am about her) my main concern is MBD, I have her uvb bulb and the right basking temps but I bought a new screen top for her viv because I have a cat who kept walking on her mesh screen and started to break it so I got a new one that’s stronger and I’m scared its been blocking the amount of uvb she needs. I hope I’m just being paranoid but please help me out I’m worried about her

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, she's a wee bit thin so you see a slight bony ridge which is normal. No sign of MBD but she could stand to gain a bit of weight. Other than that she looks good. :)

You can attach the uvb fixture under the screen by using twine or wire .

BriLeigh1

Original Poster
AHBD":1odcn7hk said:
Hi there, she's a wee bit thin so you see a slight bony ridge which is normal. No sign of MBD but she could stand to gain a bit of weight. Other than that she looks good. :)

You can attach the uvb fixture under the screen by using twine or wire .

I’ve been watching her loose some weight, which I believe might be because she has a parasite. I have an appointment to take her to the vet to find out for sure but I recently moved her into a 40 gallon viv which has stressed her out a bit so hopefully a trip to the vet will give me some relief about her loosing some weight. She’s still eating, just not as much as she usually does :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, that is just the hipbone, but not the start of metabolic bone disease.
Since she has reduced appetite, taking her in to get a fecal is a good idea. Also, as already
suggested, mounting the UVB light underneath of the screen would be a good idea too for a
stronger UVB exposure, too.
Let us know how the fecal turns out.

Tracie

BriLeigh1

Original Poster
No parasites thank goodness, she was just stressed out from me moving her. Yesterday and today she started eating like she used to. I wanted to ask where I get the light fixture to hang it in her tank? They don’t have those at the pet store and also what light would be best for her once I get the light fixture. I’ve heard the T8 and the T5 are good but I want the best for her

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great she is doing better & doesn't have parasites, either. I'm glad she has started
eating more again, too. :D
I would recommend getting either the Reptisun 10 T5 tube or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5
tube. They are both great bulbs. You can get the Arcadia tube from Todd at this website:

www.lightyourreptiles.com

The Reptisun is usually found on Amazon or Petmountain.com.
You can purchase the light fixture along with the light, too.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry for not getting back sooner!
Yes, that is absolutely top of the line light. Getting the light fixture along with the light is a
great idea. Todd gets those shipped out quickly for you also.
How is your dragon doing today?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom