Impending prolapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linds

My beardie, Roma, is about 5.5 months old. He acts normal, is very energetic, eats a lot, poops regularly, etc.
His poops seem okay and everything looks digested. His basking temp is around 110F and cool side is 80F. His UVB is a reptisun 10.0 T5 HO that’s about 4 months old plus we live in Florida and go out for real sun 3-4 days per week.
Lately when he poops, I see some reddish tissue come out of the vent. It has gone back in each time but I’m sure it can’t be normal for this to happen every time he poops. I never saw this with my first beardie, Fuji.

He has a vet appointment tomorrow to get an exam and fecal (dropped off the poop Saturday actually so I should be getting results hopefully). Unfortunately, I can’t be at the exam because I have to take a grad school midterm but I’ve known this vet for awhile now and am confident that my beardie is in good hands.

In the meantime, I would appreciate any feedback about this issue. Is it abnormal as I believe? Does it look like intestine? Hemipene? Or what?

Here is a video of him pooping which is very gross and graphic. Only click the link if you’re okay with beardie poop and a small amount of red tissue being exposed.
https://imgur.com/a/i6fMROh

I greatly appreciate any input!

Linds

Original Poster
PH1L0D3NDR0N":2ixd4krx said:
Might be because of such a large poop. My female bearded dragon has done this while pushing out a stubborn egg.
Well since he’s a juvenile he eats a lot so his poops are always huge! It seems abnormal to me for it to happen every time. I’m afraid it’ll turn into a prolapse. He’ll see the vet tomorrow but someone on reddit said they think it’s a hemipene and it’s not unusual for it to come out a little but again, for it to happen every time seems off to me.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, a little hemipene can show + the go back in, that's natural. There's nothing a vet can do for that. If your'e going in anyway for a fecal test then you can have that base covered. He'll be fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom