Brumation or something serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather18

Hi,

I am getting very concerned for my bearded dragon Wally. He has lost a ton of weight. I live in Maine and fall weather has hit so at first after reading some of your post I thought he was going into brumation for the first time but what I have read he should not lose weight during this. I have been dropper reading him baby food squash for the past few days which he has been eating and has been pooping ok. However very lethargic and losing so much weight. I don't know of any reptile vets in my area or if it is to that point yet. He is about 3 or 4 years old and has Been fat and healthy up until this past week or so which is also the time frame the temperature has dropped to the 35 to 45 degree range.

Heather18

Original Poster
I just uploaded a couple of photos. They are not the best but hopefully good enough for you to see the size difference..

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh boy, sorry to say that he's in critical condition. :( Poor Wally, can you show pics of his entire set up and what exact type + brand [ be specific ] of lights you use ? Keep on getting the baby food squash in him and add extra water , he's dehydrated at this point. What exactly was he eating before and how was he hydrated ?

Can you find a good vet that can give you at least a reference or contact a reptile vet for you ? Hopefully your boy can recuperate, I hope the best for you.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How is Wally doing ? Is he still alive ? I wanted to add that you can see by his joints , they look bendy rather than straight which indicates MBD [ metabolic bone disease ] so be sure to add calcium to the baby food mixture. And the type of bulbs you are using are critical for proper calcium absorption, so post that info here.

If the house temps. get colder , just add another basking bulb or a hotter one. He can't afford to be at a cool temp. when he's so ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom