Impaction or Stomach Ache?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Hello, I just got some new calci worms and they're about half an inch or so, not too big and certainly not bigger than the size of my beardie's eye space, but he got really excited that we got some fresh and brand new ones and ate a lot.

He hasn't eaten his dinner tonight and when I scared him (on accident) he ran away perfectly fine.
I was thinking to give him a bath maybe to help him loosen up a bit but he waved at me 3 or 4 times, so I changed my mind and left him alone. Usually he jumps back up onto his basking spot but he slowly and sluggishly went up there, and is now looking really sleepy.

I noticed he also hasn't passed today, even after I got home (before I fed him the huge amount of worms) and there's usually a little mess for me to come home to.

I don't know if I should have cut off the amount he ate, because usually he only eats some and stops when he's full and doesnt want anymore.

Should I be super worried? Should I still give him a bath? Should I just leave him alone? I'm really worried, anything would be appreciated. (He's 3 months old by the way)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Can take 2 days , or longer for the meal eaten today to get from mouth to bum for a bearded dragon.
He's just not hungry …. offer the regular feeds , anyway. Routine is everything to a pet lizard.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I didn't think it took that long, but that makes me feel better. Must have been something from before then, or just one of those days. Thank you :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It can often take 2-3 days, sometimes longer for them
to pass things through. You can always give extra oral
fluids, to help things pass through more.
Also be sure the insects are appropriately sized for him
to avoid impaction, too.

Tracie

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
How should I go about giving him more water? He doesn't like being handled very much yet, I'm still trying to tame him down. He might not like me giving him water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom