My rescued beardy got attacked by a ferret in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to find out how to help my newly rescued buddy
.... his eyes are severely damaged n closed up ... he still has eyes underneath the lids ... but they ooze and scarred shut ... anything I can do at home to help or need medical attention !!!???????? PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!????????

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I agree …. the dragon needs an URGENT course of antibiotics for this …. don't mess about with home remedies as this sound like it WELL AND TRUELY WAY PAST the point where home remedies will be effective.

Ferrets are just as nasty as cats are regarding pathogens on their teeth and in their saliva.

You need to take the dragon to a REPTILE VET for assessment , for a swab to be taken, and for sensitivity testing to determine the most effective ointment / drops and injections of antibiotics to give to clear this very nasty infection up.

Sorry but applying drops of manuka honey to the eyes will not cure this.

Helpmehelpmybeardy

Original Poster
Thank you very much for responding so quickly and my next worrie is I might not be able to afford the help he needs ... is there any help on free treatment for reptiles in Rhode Island !???

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Helpmehelpmybeardy":3o66fm0t said:
Thank you very much for responding so quickly and my next worrie is I might not be able to afford the help he needs ... is there any help on free treatment for reptiles in Rhode Island !???

I'd talk to the vet about payment plans , or consider paying via credit card …. you aren't likely looking at surgery here (this will be VERY EXPENSIVE), you are looking at a reptile vet examination in their clinic / surgery / rooms , maybe some pathology tests (on a swab and maybe a blood sample) and the medication ….I'd be very surprised if you are confronted with a bill over $100 for this.

You have a dragon who relies on you for everything , and one of the obligations of being a reptile keeper is vet expenses , do the right thing by your dragon who needs urgent treatment.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor thing, can you post pics ? Here's how ;

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

For now you can definitely put raw honey on the eyes, it works great on eye infections and may be very helpful until you can see a good reptile vet. With any oozing wound you must be 100% sure that there are no loose insects in the tank, they will go after the wound . Some insects hide + come out after dark, so please check to be sure there are none.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you get up to Grafton MA? Should only be about an hour from Providence. Tufts has a veterinary clinic there that may be able to help you. As mentioned, you can call ahead and ask about payment options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom