Beardie won’t eat, just got done with Panacur and Albon meds

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girl is about 3 months old. She started having bloody stools so we went to the vet and he started her on .05ml of panacur (10 days) and albon (5 days). She just got done with the last one Tuesday. She hasn’t eaten in almost two weeks. I have tried baby food and just bought soy yogurt. We bought reptiaid but it came in broken so we sent it back this week. She’s not completely lethargic but isn’t her usually self. I have soaked her daily and sprayed her multiple times throughout the day.
She has a 40 gallon tank with a power sun bulb. Basking is 105-110 with the cool side between 75-80 and humidity is around 40
She was eating Phoenix worms and crickets with greens all dusted with vitamins or calcium daily. Hasn’t eaten any of it in over a week and a half.
Please help! She’s my baby and I’m at a loss. She’s getting so skinny and ignores all food unless I drip it on her nose. She still barely licks anything :( HELP!!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, poor little one. Was she eating before the meds ? The vet should have used Ponazuril/toltrazuril for coccidia [ they work in just 2-3 doses and are not harsh on a beardie ] rather than the very harsh Albon. That was too much meds. for a young dragon.

Cut the baths to maybe once a week and just spritz her once a day. Offer soy yogurt dripped on her snout and try this : take a small bug + smash it enough for the guts to come out, rub it lightly on her snout. Sometimes that will get a feeding response. Reptaid may help as well. Hopefully she'll get her appetite back soon.

Can you post pics of her + her set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

CrazyBeardieLady

Original Poster
I was doing to baths daily to make sure she wasn’t dehydrated since she hasn’t eaten and has been on the meds. I’ve tried squishing the worms and crickets and rubbing it on her nose and the side of her mouth and she shuts her eyes and doesn’t want anything to do with it :(

I will take a pic and post it when I get home. She’s been on her tree and hammock for basking and every once in a while gets down on the ground and walks around.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, for the youngster, those meds are too harsh
for her. They destroy the gut flora so that's great you
have already started trying to get her going on the soy
yogurt. I hope she is feeling better soon. When is the
new repaid bottle expected?
Also if you can, keep her a little warmer overnight also
like around 80 or so. It helps boost her immune system.

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh, I'm so sorry. :( . Poor little one was too weak + the meds. were probably just too much.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no I am so sorry to hear your little one didn't make it. :cry: That is awful. I'm glad he
wasn't alone though. It is completely devastating.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom