Something is wrong with Kozmo :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

KozmoRox

Original Poster
So, Kozmo seems to be the same today. I know we have to be patient with her. The vet called and her fecal came back negative for parasites. UGH! I was hoping this was that simple. I'm about to give her her 2nd dose of Critical Care so I placed her on the floor while I prepared. She tried to walk or turn, and she flipped herself over onto her back :( We're doing the ADV testing with Tracie. Hopefully she'll be able to hold on for a while longer until we can figure out what's wrong and fix it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's frustrating but at least another thing off the possibilities which helps. I would probably talk to Tracie about starting treatment for atadeno just in case. I wish I had more to add on this one but am thinking of you guys!

KozmoRox

Original Poster
Good Thursday morning. Kozmo seems to be the same this morning. She's starting to poop out the Critical Care formula, as it's been the only thing she's consumed since Monday or Tuesday. Should it be coming out formed? or is it ok that it's green and mushy, like the consistency its going in?? She had a huge formed green poop this morning, and a mushy green one just now. Anyone have experience with Critical Care?

She's still wobbly, weak and uncoordinated. But thankfully she's alert and alive. When she's resting in her viv her beard isn't dark, only when she's out trying to move. Day by day.

Hello. I have used the Critical Care Herbivore a couple of times to get my beardies through a “not eating” or weak time. The time I used it for weeks was to get my baby beardie through the onset of gout. She had pain, therefore would not eat. I gave it her like a mash mixed with the dark cherry extract for her kidneys. I would then only add enough water to make the mash consistency. Her poop was definitely not hard, but a little softer than normal.
We also just used it on our boy beardie while he got his strength back after wormer.
I truly believe it was a big part in getting them back on track.
It does state that it contains everything h needed for a healthy herbivore diet.
Have you tried seeing if she will eat just a few wax worms? Mine love them;)

KozmoRox

Original Poster
Kozmo got her dragon wings today. She progressively got worse over the past 2 weeks and was struggling to breath. We had her put to sleep this afternoon. We loved her and will miss her so much. So so sad :(

Thanks to all who tried to help us out.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, how sad ! I thought she might get through this and am very sorry to hear this. :( My sincerest sympathy to you + your family, I know you are devastated. You did your best for your girl.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so very sorry Kozmo didn't make it, bless her. :cry: That is extremely difficult & so
devastating to go through a loss. My sincere condolences.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom