POOP Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciampi90

Hello! My name is Dominick and my beardies name is Edward. Edward hasent pooped in like 5 days and im beginning to think he is impacted again. Edward has been impacted a few times now and im starting to think im feeding him wrong. Edward eats broccoli, peas, pumpkin, lettuce, superworms (from the vita worm company) and crickets (from petco the medium size). Edward is 8 months old and im not sure what im doing wrong that makes him impacted all the time. His temps are good the heated side of the tank is sitting at 95-105 and the cooler side is 85. Please help me fix Edwards poo problems!

Is Edward on a loose substrate? Substrate like sand or dirt can be swallowed when they eat and cause impaction.

To help my beardie poop, I place her in a bath of lukewarm water and wait for her to do it. No more then 30 minutes however, if she doesn't I'll try again the next day.

I hope you and your baby get better!

ciampi90

Original Poster
DuchesseTheBeardie":y2622txa said:
Is Edward on a loose substrate? Substrate like sand or dirt can be swallowed when they eat and cause impaction.

To help my beardie poop, I place her in a bath of lukewarm water and wait for her to do it. No more then 30 minutes however, if she doesn't I'll try again the next day.

I hope you and your baby get better!

Ive been giving him a bath and it doesnt seem to help. and he isnt on loose substrate

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
If your beardie is getting impacted you need to change his substrate (flooring). Things like repti-carpet tile or paper towels will work. Superworms and mealworms can be a bit hard to digest so crickets and dubia roaches might be a better choice. This probably doesn’t have anything to do with the impaction but I also recommend feeding a more varied diet. Warm baths help and also massage his belly while in the bath. Iceburg lettuce while devoid of nutrients also works well as a natural laxative. 5 days seems pretty normal to me as long as he is still eating and generally appears healthy but if you think something is wrong definitely get him to a vet! Good luck and keep us updated

ciampi90

Original Poster
QuinnF":2n4mphqk said:
If your beardie is getting impacted you need to change his substrate (flooring). Things like repti-carpet tile or paper towels will work. Superworms and mealworms can be a bit hard to digest so crickets and dubia roaches might be a better choice. This probably doesn’t have anything to do with the impaction but I also recommend feeding a more varied diet. Warm baths help and also massage his belly while in the bath. Iceburg lettuce while devoid of nutrients also works well as a natural laxative. 5 days seems pretty normal to me as long as he is still eating and generally appears healthy but if you think something is wrong definitely get him to a vet! Good luck and keep us updated

Update: he pooped lol. Thanks and ill take everything into consideration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom