Was it atedeno virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up this morning and my baby boy didn’t. I’m going a little bit crazy right now. he was completely fine and healthy from what I could tell last night. He was happy and healthy, or so I thought. He had the correct basking temps, uvb, diet, etc. I checked everyday for signs or illness. He’s my first bearded dragon and I don’t know what I did wrong. I was thinking that it was possibly atedeno virus, but I’m not really sure. He had a slight black beard all the time which worried me so I watched him closely and he still acted normal and didn’t show signs of illness. He also sometimes “stargazed” but other than that he acted normal. What are some possibilities?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so, so sorry that this happened to your boy, my heart goes out to you. :( How old was he ? As for cause of death, some adult beardies die suddenly from ADV but other possibilities are stroke, heart attack, cancer or some other unknown. Without a necropsy there's no sure way to tell. EDIT.....I looked through your posts + see that he was a baby. It could have been ADV or it may be a slight possibility that he ate something toxic, but that is pretty unlikely.

Again, I'm really sorry for your loss.

Hjballinger

Original Poster
Yea he was my baby boy, I can’t think about it without crying my eyes out. I can’t stop thinking that I did somthing wrong

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's human nature to think we ourselves did something. Believe me, you loved the little guy and did nothing to cause his death. You can't blame yourself, it probably was ADV or some freak circumstance, but definitely not you, the one who loved him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh I am so sorry you lost your baby so suddenly. :cry: It is the worst feeling, & hard to
recover from. Try not to blame yourself for it, he could have had some genetic issues
he was born with to have a sudden death like that.
My sincere condolences to you.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It definitely isn't something that you will ever really get over. It just gets a little easier to
deal with but you never forget. I think a piece of your soul goes with them. If you have
pictures, you can make a little photo album of him. :cry:

Tracie

Hjballinger

Original Poster
I have tons of pictures and videos of him, he was too cute not to have them. I can’t really look at them without crying though, he relied on me and now he’s gone

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I know, only when you are ready, will you be able to make the album. I have been there.
You didn't let him down & he knew you loved him. All you can do is let some time pass
before you will feel better. Eventually, you will get to a point to where you can look at
his picture, or talk about him a little bit, without breaking into tears.

Tracie

Hjballinger

Original Poster
I just wish I could have known it was the last time I was going to see him. I woke up, went to get him up and he wouldn’t open his eyes. I was holding him trying to wake him up but he wouldn’t.

Hjballinger

Original Poster
Sorry for going on about this, it was just such a shock for him to be fine one night and then gone the next morning.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I know, when you don't have any time to prepare & it's so sudden, it's hard to deal with that
way. There isn't any time stipulation on grief. Take your time because it does take time to
have it all sink in, it's devastating.
None of us really know if something is going to happen, it can be sudden, for no reason. It's
hard to let go.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom