Stressed beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I got my first beardie three weeks ago at a reptile expo. She displayed a lot of stress marks in the beginning, but then she started to warm up, and they got lighter and lighter until yesterday, when I got home from school, I found her with the darkest marks I’ve seen, and I got very worried. Today she was no better, and she was hiding in her little box under her basking spot. When I take her out, she calms down and becomes brighter, but as soon as I put her back, she darkens again. She is also not basking by herself. She spends most of her day hiding, and when I put her back, she never stays for long
101365-8475099820.jpg
. I am worried she will get MBD, and I don’t know what I am doing wrong. Her basking temperatures are ok, but could it be dehydration? Any responses would be appreciated, but please don’t hate because this is my first reptile, and I am still learning :)

Here is her a few days ago
101365-4351307787.jpg

Thank you!

Here is her today

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks OK to me. Can you review your setup with me? What are you using for a UVB light and how far is it above her basking area? What are the surface temperatures around the tank? If something is off it may be causing her to hide. It could also just be that she needs more time to settle in and feel secure which is OK. I want to make sure everything is right with the setup though so corrections can be made early if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom