Eye growth

Status
Not open for further replies.

KH11

101328-356456573.jpg
101328-4054274336.jpg
101328-356456573.jpg
101328-4054274336.jpg
Hi, my dragon has suddenly got a growth on her eye, hasn’t affected her hunting or eating yet and was wondering if anyone can help me and tell me what it might be and what to do, thank you

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Take her to the vet asap! Monitor her appetite and beard more and her stool because most growths are tumors and if the growth grows even more, she could go downhill very very fast.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I agree , this is either due to a parasite ( a fly maybe ) or some kind of abscess due to an insect or spider bite , and needs to be dealt with IMMEDIATELY by a REPTILE VET.

KH11

Original Poster
Thank you, I’ve already made an appointment with a vet for tomorrow, just wanted to know if anyone might have an idea what it is, thank you for your help

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I'm glad to hear you have a vet's appointment for her.
We had taken a female dragon in several years back who had an eye issue very similar to that.
She got surgery to have it removed. It essentially was a benign growth, luckily. They sent a
tissue sample to the pathology lab, to be sure. Unfortunately, they had to remove some of her
lower eye lid but she didn't lose her eye though.
She still has some issues with it, but thankfully she hasn't had anymore growths develop.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom