TOE MBD??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Im back once again with a concern in Pikachu that he might have MBD. He hasn't been eating and has become underweight, so I have to force feed him wax worms, but now his toe looks crooked :( I don't believe it's been like that, I truly hope it's just a weird trait he has! I sprinkle his waxies with calcium and he has a UVB
I'm having problems posting his toe but I have pictures of him and his setup from a while ago
100459-283065415.jpg
100459-5962365442.jpg
Thank you!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Which UVB light are you using? The toe looks more like it's broken or deformed. Has it been like that for a long time or did it just start? It doesn't look swollen which is good. He may have caught it in the hammock at some point.

jennyandpika

Original Poster
Pika has a Reptisun 10.0 UVB. I don’t believe he’s had this, I’m sure I would have remembered when I trim his claws. He hasn’t shown any signs of pain with it, he’s walking normally too.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If it doesn't get swollen and he isn't showing signs of it bothering him, I wouldn't worry too much. Keep an eye on it for swelling or for other fingers/toes to look problematic. If you see changes like that, then an x-ray might be a good idea. Otherwise if it isn't bothering him, I'd just let it be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom