Beardie is super skinny and won't eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBrotato

Hello, I recently rescued a beardie from a friend who barely ever fed him. He is so skinny that you can see the bones in his tail and is not very active. I've tried feeding him all sorts of veggies as well as crickets and superworms. He is about a year old now, right around 9 or 10 inches. He has a 55 gallon long tank with a basking spot of 100F and a Reptisun 10.0 strip UVB bulb. If you know anything that I could do at this point please help. At this point I am considering force feeding.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Definitely try to put nutrition in he's body just take it easy don't give him too much at once a high calorie supplement like critical care is good make sure he is hydrated first all the time he went without food put lot of stress and maybe just don't have the energy to go on anymore feed him give he's calcium vitamins etc and see if your beardie improves.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that you should focus on hydration first. Drip water on his nose and get him to lick up the water. If he goes for that, do the same with some baby food. Try green beans, squash, and sweet potato. That should help hydrate him further and give him some nutrients.

What are the surface temps around his tank away from the basking spot? How far above the basking spot is his ReptiSun tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom