My Bearded Dragon is acting weird !HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TarekHisham

So a family friend had a bearded dragon that she just couldn't take care of anymore so she gave her to me. since i got her a week ago I have been on consistently worry cause she barley moves, squints her eyes, sits in a pretty cool spot in the enclosure and she barley eats (sometimes up to 3 days without eating anything and when she does its like a worm or just a leaf of the veggie). The temperatures are correct (100-105 in the basking spot and cool side is around 80). She also has not used the pooped in like 4 days. When i take her out of the terrarium to just chill or to give her some love she is a bit more active but still. I don't know what to do!
The owner said it might be shedding but i Don't see any signs of that. :?

i do use carpet but i was cleaning it and have it drying
100909-6399027593.jpg
100909-8345380434.jpg
100909-5341583304.jpg
he just sits in that spot all day
100909-1545337132.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The bright orange beard shows me that she's happy/content. She does look a bit overweight so I would try to focus on a mainly vegetarian diet with a bug meal only once or twice per week. There are some good ideas for salads here http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Also, try to have her out as much as possible and interact with her. Let her roam around and explore if she wants to.

I do have a few suggestions for the tank itself. I would remove the sand because it's hard to keep sanitary and makes a mess. Clean the tank out well and put down something solid like non adhesive shelf liner. That is much easier to clean and sanitize.

The UVB light is a T8 without a reflector. It's not strong enough to be effective at that distance. I suggest replacing that with a T5 with a reflector like this http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/. I would also get rid of the red light and stick with just a bright white light for basking. The red can make things look distorted and shouldn't really be used at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom