Respiratory infection??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m starting to get pretty worried about my baby beardie, I think he may have a respiratory infection. He opens his mouth, it might be gaping because it’s when he gets under the heat lamp but I’m not sure. I’ve seen his throat move, almost like a frog does, but only a few times. he is shedding 2 of his legs. There hasn’t been any mucus discharge out of his nose but I’m still starting to think it’s a respiratory infection. Here’s a picture of him with his mouth open, I tried to get the inside of his mouth, does that look ok?
100549-4792826665.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, he is likely just regulating his temperature while he basks. This is normal behavior.

Hjballinger

Original Poster
Ok thank goodness I was really worried and I don’t have a ton of money to spend on the vet since he eats so much.. Dubia roaches are not cheap when he eats 50-60 a day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom