HEAVY BREATHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayy

my beardie is breathing really heavily. she just had a really big shed on her head and tail. i have no clue if that has anything to do with it but she also kind of has her beard puffed a little. i have no idea what i should do. please help! she also seems to not want to eat.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Since she just shed her head & tail, her nose plugs could still be plugged up. Have you checked
to see if her nostrils shed properly? They do have trouble with them from time to time.
Is the rest of her body going to shed also?
If she isn't acting ill, or have mucous in her mouth & nose, she shouldn't have a respiratory
infection.
We can review your tank setup with you also, if you would like to be sure everything is all
correct.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

jayy

Original Poster
I was worried it was dehydration so I gave her a nice long bath last night and she seemed a lot better, it really helped her with her shedding. This morning she seems to be a lot better.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news she seems to be doing better today. :D Perhaps she had some shed left
in her nostrils. Maybe the bath helped her out also.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom