Beginning of a respiratory problem - HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovr

Guys, I'm in real trouble here. I've had my beardie for at least 3 months now, and she seemed happy and healthy. She has a big wide tank, reptile carpet and her food is covered in calcium powder (crickets mostly). Just recently, she's bean heaving and making lots of popping sounds with her mouth opening slightly. She has some dried mucus around her nostrils, I got it out the first time but it's come back and I can't seem to get rid of it, it gets her annoyed when I try and I don't wanna aggravate her. It's 3 am as I type this, and she came out of her hide and refused to go back in, so she's sleeping on my chest. The thing is, I'm leaving for a week starting tomorrow, and my family will be taking care of her. I don't know if we can afford a vet visit rn, but I'll try and schedule one. My beardie is so dear to me, I love her to death and I'd be so so sad if anything ever happened to her. Her breathing rn is very slow and she's struggling, im really crying. I wish I could do something for her. I hope she's not dying, god. I just can't bear the thought of losing her, you know? She's really tired, and I want her to be warm all night but she won't sleep with her uv light on. I don't know what else to do. Please help : (

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a video of her breathing ? And how long has this been going on ? Very important, do you bathe her, for how long and how long is she out of the tank after ? Sometimes they aspirate water and develop an R.I.

Be sure her tank temps. are about 105 on the hot side [ no less while she's sick ] and 82 on the coolest side with varying temps. in between of upper 80's to 90's. She will prob. need a vet visit, they will most likely prescribe Baytril [ enrofloxacin] for her. It shouldn't cost too much and if she's that sick then she needs to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom