My buddy has a few yellowish brown spots on scales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone if anyone could tell me what this possibly is or if this is something that I should worry about I'm hoping it's not yellow fungus it seems to be about two small spots where some of his scales are appearing pale yellow brownish specifically under his crink tail area that he got years ago well before the yellowspots also when I run my finger over the crink tail area he moves it is this something I should be worried about there is no reptile vet near me and I honestly don't have the money to take him is this possibly yellow fungus I've been putting athletes foot cream on it for about 2 days if anyone has any idea what this is I would appreciate the advice also my guy is at least 4 or 5 years old he has a reptisun 10.0 bulb and 150 watt heat lamp already went ahead and clean his entire cage out with a bleach solution and took all the wood out in put paper towels for his substrate also he has a little yellow brown towards the end of his tail (here are photos) https://postimg.cc/gallery/1xpl4o130/

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That doesn't appear fungal. It looks like natural pigmentation changes. Has it changed or
seemed to spread at all?
That is fine to put some anti-fungal cream on it as a preventative. If it doesn't look like it is
spreading, it should not be fungal in nature. It definitely doesn't have the classic yellow fungus
appearance though.

Tracie

doughnuthipster

Original Poster
Drache613":5e4klthn said:
Hello,

That doesn't appear fungal. It looks like natural pigmentation changes. Has it changed or
seemed to spread at all?
That is fine to put some anti-fungal cream on it as a preventative. If it doesn't look like it is
spreading, it should not be fungal in nature. It definitely doesn't have the classic yellow fungus
appearance though.

Tracie
it seems to be a little bit more on his belly but there also seems to be a gray patch that looks like it's about to shed

doughnuthipster

Original Poster
doughnuthipster":29z9rqh4 said:
Drache613":29z9rqh4 said:
Hello,

seemed to spread at all?
appearance though.

Tracie
it seems to be a little bit more on his belly but there also seems to be a gray patch that looks like it's about to shed
Also here are photos I took today I also use flash so it probably makes it look more yellow than it actually is also appreciate your feedback :] https://postimg.cc/gallery/2hfcal82a/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom