Folded Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebulites

Hello! I've had my beardie Wrathia for over three years, and to be completely honest did not enlist the best care for the first two and a half years of her life due to a mix of misinformation from my reptile store, not doing enough initial research on my own, and having to go through my dad to purchase new things for her. The old tank she was in for most of her life was truthfully too small, likely had too small of a uvb strip, and back then I did not dust either her salads or bugs. All of this leads into me having concerns of MBD, due to her sitting or walking with her front arms folded quite often. She seems to get around fine, she just holds her arms strangely. Sometime early last year, I took her for her yearly vet visit and the vet didn't say anything about her arms or MBD, just that she was a bit underweight and that I needed to dust her bugs. She's been in better housing since November last year, with a 10.0 UVB in a reflective mount over her tank, and I dust her worms whenever she gets them. Should I be worried? (I can provide pictures if needed, I'm on mobile atm)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There may be some deficiency going on, all you can do now is be sure that her care is optimal. Please do post some pics, we always like to see the dragon being discussed. :)

Post pics of her tank + lights as well.

nebulites

Original Poster
AHBD":1fmguv6w said:
There may be some deficiency going on, all you can do now is be sure that her care is optimal. Please do post some pics, we always like to see the dragon being discussed. :)

Post pics of her tank + lights as well.
Here you go! Her UVB is in a high output Reptisun hood, curved and reflective on the inside. I would've mounted it on the inside of her tank, but I wasn't sure how to, and most sources said that it was high enough output to be on top. Also, I didn't mention it but she does have a pretty noticable underbite. The vet said she probably just ran into something when she was younger so I tried not to worry about it.

84094-2002376798.jpg
84094-5915593957.jpg
84094-7058687806.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, she's a cutie pie. :) So she can still get up on her hammock on her own ? By the way, you might want to get a hammock made of different material that can't snag her nails, that could be really bad in her condition, easy to sprain an arm or even possibly cause a small fracture.

Her jaw is also the result of MBD, it probably does not bother her too much so she can still live a decent life. The vet may not see many lizards sand did not know what was going on with her.

nebulites

Original Poster
Yep, she can get up there just fine! She gets around great at least, both with running and climbing. I was hoping to get more stuff for her tank anyways, so next time I can convince my dad to take me to the reptile shop I'll try to grab a different hammock. ^^

nebulites

Original Poster
I try. Is there anything I can do to ensure MBD isn't too much of a concern? I've been considering dusting her salads, but getting her to finish them tends to be a challenge to begin with, despite her weight needing a bit of a bump up :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom