Yellow poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hsdiaz

I have had my beardie for just over seven months now and recently he has started to slow down as he reaches his 1 year mark. I noticed he hasn't been eating as much but still eats regularly. Over the past two weeks i have not been home as often as normal and over the two weeks i was not with him he hadn't pooped once. Then after I came back he pooped on the second day but his poop was almost entirely yellow.
100751-3378453502.jpg
(He knocked over his food bowl with his greens and I am cleaning it today) I had his cage at 105 degrees but at the moment i have a temporary bulb which is only keeping the cage at 90 degrees but that will be fixed in the next couple of days. His cage has critter country bedding and he has a half log to hide under on the cool side of his cage where he usually sleeps. I feed him dandelion greens every morning and some insects at night. Is this a problem and if it is should take to the vet or something that i can do better to better his health.

Any feedback helps thank you.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's not necessarily a health problem but he may be eating some of the pellets. Can you post pics of your dragon showing his entire body and also pics of his tank ? You mention a log hide on the cool side but is there a basking branch/log on the hot side ? Beardies love to climb and need that type of thing in their tank.

Hsdiaz

Original Poster
Sure thing, I should also note that I am trying cockroaches for a new insect and he appears to like them better than crickets.
100751-9144146493.jpg
(He was under his log)
100751-7794649484.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He looks very chunky + muscular, no problem with him slowing down on eating. Many dragons do that as they near maturity, they no longer need large amounts of insects that were sustaining rapid growth during their baby + juvenile stage.

As I said, he may be eating some of the substrate, give him a few extra warm baths to see if he might pass more poo. Does he eat his dandelion greens regularly ? And how many roaches + what size are you feeding him ?

Hsdiaz

Original Poster
The cockroaches are a similar size to a large cricket in length and I usually only give up to five a night as he doesn't seem to eat any more than that. He eats the dandelion greens almost everyday too. Ill try to give him baths more often and thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom