Not eaten in nearly three weeks, not moving much either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opal1sheila

So I got Sheila second hand and was told she was 5 (two years ago) she has never been very active, like at all! When we moved she didn’t eat for a few days but I know this is normal for some as they are sensitive to their environment. She’s a bit of a diva and doesn’t like her veg or fruit much but still likes crickets, sometimes eating a couple sometimes eating 8. With the hot weather we’ve had her outside a few time, which has never been a problem before. Around three weeks ago she had a full body shed, then spent the afternoon in the garden running around (rare) since then she hasn’t eaten, not a single thing, she also isn’t moving around in her vavarium and I’m really panicking. She’s also still got a lot of skin that hasn’t fallen off yet. She’s never gone into brumeration before and it being summer I wouldn’t think this would be the case? I took her outside yesterday and she was slightly active on the grass (all be it a bit wonky) she’s lost a lot of weight and looks very frail now :(

Any advice would be great!

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Opal1sheila":3vnzbfvs said:
So I got Sheila second hand and was told she was 5 (two years ago) she has never been very active, like at all! When we moved she didn’t eat for a few days but I know this is normal for some as they are sensitive to their environment. She’s a bit of a diva and doesn’t like her veg or fruit much but still likes crickets, sometimes eating a couple sometimes eating 8. With the hot weather we’ve had her outside a few time, which has never been a problem before. Around three weeks ago she had a full body shed, then spent the afternoon in the garden running around (rare) since then she hasn’t eaten, not a single thing, she also isn’t moving around in her vavarium and I’m really panicking. She’s also still got a lot of skin that hasn’t fallen off yet. She’s never gone into brumeration before and it being summer I wouldn’t think this would be the case? I took her outside yesterday and she was slightly active on the grass (all be it a bit wonky) she’s lost a lot of weight and looks very frail now :(
I would take her to the vet

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Opal1sheila":3ua3hzso said:

I would take her to the vet

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry your girl isn't doing well.
Could she have eaten something toxic in the garden while she was running around?
Since she is losing weight, I highly recommend taking her into the vet for a fecal exam &
bloodwork, if you can. It could be worms or parasites causing the weight loss possibly.
It sounds like it was sudden so something might have made her ill from the garden, but I'm
not sure. Is her beard darker than normal?
Can you review your tank setup with us also, just so we can be sure everything is all correct.
If you have any pictures of her & the tank, you can post them also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom