Beardie Acting Strange!! And Shedding strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SodiPopssAlduin

So I got my beardie (Alduin) around a week ago and the first 2 days he let me hold him and put him on my chest with no problem. But a few days after that i tried to pet him and he is so scared of me. I know I didnt do anything to scare him! He is shedding and I was told they can be quite annoying or skiddish when they shed but he wont let me really get near him. I can pet him a little bit but he ends up jolting away from me. Hes 3 months old in a 40 gallon take with plenty of room. Also the temps are normal and humidity is perfect. His shedding is a little odd. I heard that they are supposed to shed in big pieces but hes shedding in smaller pieces. Hes not flaking which I know is bad but im not sure if hes shedding normal. He eats fine and his poop is fine im just a little concerned. Moves around fine but doesnt bask much. Hes very active always running around his tank. I was just looking for someone to talk to to maybe figure some things out about it. If anyone could give me a little info that would be great thank you!

Alduin! Love the name! My dragon’s name is Dovah. ?

What type of tank and lights do you have? What is his diet and temperatures in the cage?

Shed can happen in patches as babies. Sometimes it takes several days for some shed to come off. Just don’t try to remove it early. If it seems stuck, you can try some warm bath time.

SodiPopssAlduin

Original Poster
I bought the Bearded Dragon starter kit from ZooMed. i believe the re is a 100 Watt basking light and a 10.0 UVB. His diet consists of 7-11 medium sized superworms in calcium powder. I replace his veggies twice a day they consist of Collard greens, cut blueberries and juvenile bearded dragon pellets. Fresh water everyday and a clean tank.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Is the uvb a coil/compact or a long tube? Also super worms should only be fed to bigger dragons and not as a staple. Phoenix worms, crickets, Dubai roaches and Silk worms are way better. Make sure that crickets are not bigger than the space between the eyes. Also if you are using stick on thermometers those are very inaccurate. You want a temp gun or a digital wire with probe. You want to take the temps on the basking spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom