Sick Beardie? Possible Parasites? Impaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bweiser18

7 month old Beardie. Set up is as follows. ReptiSun 10.0 tube mounted inside the terrarium. Basking temperatures ranging from 90-107. Measured with a Temp Gun. As for food I’ve been stapling Dubai Roaches since I first got her from the Pet store. I will switch from time to time when she seems to get bored of them. But also I feed Superworms, Dubai, Wax worms, Crickets, Phoenix Worms. She won’t eat hornworms I’ve tried many of times. Recently for about a month I’ve experienced her really slow down on the food intake which I assumed that it’s because she’s not such a little baby anymore. She’s 17-18 inches right now. So I didn’t think anything of it and kept offering the greens everyday and the live food everyday. Well now for about 2 weeks all she has ate was a few Superworms and about 10 Dubai Roaches. This week here I didn’t offer any Superworms. She might be hooked on those? Anyways she refuses all food. She will not touch her vegetables which she never really was fond of. I offer endive, collard, mustard greens with cherries, watermelon, squash, strawberries all kinds. Will not touch it. Ever. Anyways she hasn’t gone to the bathroom since the day after feeding Superworms. It’s been about 8 days since she’s gone to the bathroom or ate anything. So I’m assuming she can’t be impacted because she hasn’t had anything to even go to the bathroom. I’ve tried the warm baths, letting her swim and exercise. I’ve tried massaging her belly in the warm water to see if she was impacted but nothing came out. Now this week it’s almost as if shes not wanting to bask either. There were a few times where she hid all day. Now it’s almost as if when she wakes up she will sit there in here blanket for 3-4 hours after the lights are turned on and not even go bask until I put her on the rock myself. But this isn’t everyday this is just a few times where she’s doing this. There’s also times where she got right up and went to bask normally. Anyways if I’m dealing with a stubborn Beardie who wants only Superworms how long should I wait? It’s been 8-9 days since she’s had anything to eat? Will she starve herself? Or does this sound like Impaction? Possibly parasites? Getting really worried. Please help!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, she is def. getting to the size where they will sometimes hold out for their fave bug and drive you crazy. :) A dragon will certainly not starve itself, but she may have a slight impaction which is really just more of a mild constipation that should pass easily. Offer any or a mix of these : applesauce, baby food prunes, sweet potato or squash, along with a 1/4 tsp. of veg. oil or raw honey [ these last 2 are optional ] She should go soon enough. And can you post a few pics [ full body ] to show her size ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Bweiser18

Original Poster
That was her probably 2 weeks ago. She actually ate yesterday for once this week. She only ate 3 roaches though so I’m going to keep an eye on her to see if she will go to the bathroom in the next day or two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom