Help! Black Beard and Breathing Oddly

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLynn87

Hatchling Member
Lady Mufasa, 11 months approximately, takes .2 Allopurinol, .3 serrepeptase, .1ml liquid calcium, kidney support supplement, bee pollen supplements and multivitamin; takes multivitamin once per week, liquid calcium 3-5 days per week and the rest daily. I feed her BSFL, Superworms (3-5x/ week) and Collard greens. I use a ReptiSun T5HO 10.0 UVB tube with reflector and keep her temps 70’s up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit. She is not in a any kind of enclosure at this time.

Just tonight I was giving her a bath and vitamins when she started to turn black around her beard, this sometimes happens when she doesn’t want a bath. Well her beard became darker as did her up back near her spikes. She is puffing and licking and it seems like she is breathing or contracting hard and making an odd noise. I give her baths daily and give her water. Could all this exposure to water be causing a respiratory infection? She is going through a long and moderately difficult shed. I am nervous she is having difficulties breathing. She seems to have calmed down some, but she is still dark and puffing some, making some noises as if she is push air out.

Please let me know what I need to do!

94265-4184714183.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor girl! It looks like she got worked up being bathed. Did she ingest any water from her
bath that you know of?
Has she calmed down yet & is her beard lightening up now?
For now, keep her around 80 in her tank, to boost her immune system & hopefully ward off
any respiratory infection that could develop.

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

JLynn87

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello Tracie,

Lady Mufasa appears to be doing much better! She has lightened up, breathing normally and slept through the night without issues. She most definitely could have ingested water during her bath, I will refrain from daily baths for now. I have not ever seen her get worked up like that, I thought she was having an allergic reaction or aspirated. She did have dead skin in her nose, it seems like she started to improve after I removed the dead skin, could it have caused breathing difficulties when getting worked up?

I am traveling half of August so we are staying at my parents house so she can adjust with me being here (parents are caring for her while I am gone). She is being bathed in a different sink so I am thinking the sink is a scary place place for her as it is stainless steel and deeper.

Should I continue with keeping her temps around 80 or should I return to normal?

94265-7300435267.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom