Help?! What are these ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggiegirl

Hello,
My bearded lady is due to lay eggs soon. She has stopped eating her greens and only interested in worms. Anyways my friend was watching her while I was away She sent me a picture that beside her poop are two eggs like structure but they are completely dark brown ass if they were chocolate eggs kids get at Easter. Does anyone have a clue? I will try to upload a picture from my computer later

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's truly odd. They look exactly like eggs but are stained a deep color. How is she acting ? And those look like undigested mealworms that you would see when a beardie vomits, scattered around like that although they can come out the other end like that as well. I'm not sure what's going on there......ask your friend how the dragon is doing..

Aggiegirl

Original Poster
She said she is acting normal. Eating her greens and mealworms like crazy. Pooping daily and activity level is normal. Her belly does look big though as if she is going to be laying eggs soon

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
make sure you increase the calcium intake for the next few days as the egg laying is very demanding.
those look like eggs covered in something.

Aggiegirl

Original Poster
*UPDATE:
I took her to my vet I work at and they examined the "brown eggs". Supposedly she could have been egg bound and those have been inside of her basically mummifying for the past few months. She had a normal egg this morning which is great. We took a snap of her via xray, and there are no more eggs inside!

Thanks so everyones help

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That makes sense. Glad to hear that she is still doing well. :) Egg binding can be a death sentence but somehow those 2 eggs did her no harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom