Help my son pulled his skin that wasnt ready to shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggie71

100700-4964058017.jpg
My son pulled skin that wasnt ready to shed and now my beardy has a big black spot how do i post a pic. I want to find out if hes burnt or bleeding. He doesnt want me to touch the spot at all. I did put aloe vera on the spot but dont know what to do
100700-751752533.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with Kyleena, raw honey is one of the best antimicrobials you can use and keeps the wound moist as well as promotes tissue granulation.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No pic showed up. Use the info that Kyleena posted again, then hit the XIMG to upload pics.

Maggie71

Original Poster
I tried using the link & uploaded 2 pics but i cant attach them now, sorry im on mobil & dont know how to attach the pics

Maggie71

Original Poster
finally!!!!!! there are 2 pics up now that show it pretty well. it felt very soft and kinda sticky for lack of a better way to explain how the raw skin felt after the unshed skin was peeled off. I can promise that will never happen again, my son is heartbroken he didn't know he was hurting his lil babyat all!!
If anyone can tell me what they think this looks like i would appreciate it so much, I have been putting aloe vera on it since yesterday, straight from the plant, my husband is in the store getting raw honey right now.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes the pics are up. :) Definitely need some honey on it and be 100% sure there are no loose insects hiding in the tank that would go after the wounded skin. Check under everything just in case.

Maggie71

Original Poster
AHBD":fzvrsre1 said:
Yes the pics are up. :) Definitely need some honey on it and be 100% sure there are no loose insects hiding in the tank that would go after the wounded skin. Check under everything just in case.

Thank you so much! I appreciate the help. We have never had an issue like this, so I was really upset but my son was crying so I kind of think that he's punishing himself, but we did have a very serious conversation and it will never happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom