Weird shape beadie

Status
Not open for further replies.

kath852

Hey guys, im looking for some advice about my bearded dragon. I've had him since he was little bub and this first time looking after my own bearded dragon.
It was mentioned to me that my little chap hasn't changed shape as he's got older, he's now 5 years old and he hasn't developed into what I can only think to describe a circular shape :?
He has a healthy diet, no problems when it comes to eating or pooping. He was beaten up by his sister when he was only a few weeks old, which has physically scarred him. Could this be why? any other reasons why?

Appreciate any help!!

Here is a few pictures of Rodders, he looks slightly bigger but someones not a fan of picture taking!!! :roll:

100683-2306715758.jpg
100683-3115527048.jpg
100683-2814940335.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, he looks fine. :) Do you mean that he doesn't look as fat as some fat [ it's more + more common to see overweight ] beardies ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks like a healthy adult to me. Perhaps the dragons you are comparing to are overweight. If he is active and eating regularly etc then I wouldn't worry about it at all. It looks like maybe he has a stubborn shed along the side of his belly though. I'd keep an eye on that and make sure it sheds cleanly when it's ready to go.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, I think he looks normal also. Are you referring to the chest area? That would just be
the shape of his ribs/sternum area.
Those areas on his chest look like they are going to shed right now.
He has a nice long & lean look to him. For being 5 years old, I would say that his shape looks
fine, even if he isn't as round as others are. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom