Edward not eating much and loose stool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron+Edward

Original Poster
Beardeddtagonlover":32r0xhed said:
I'm sorry about you little guy I will hold off on the critical care for the next 2 days if he's eyes are sunken could be dehydration give him 2 ml of calcium water and see how he does also I had some good results with the flukers repta aid if you can get it.another thing you can try is make a protein shake with insects some water but just hold off for 2 days to settle he's stomach but keep him hydrated if you see he is getting worse call the vet.
Calcium water as in just some of his calcium supplement mixed in with water? What ratio?

Aaron+Edward

Original Poster
Beardeddtagonlover":2oaairn0 said:
Yes the calcium powder mixed in with water to keep him hydrated and at same time he gets some calcium just put enough so the water is no too thick.is you beardie 16 years old?
Yes 16 years old.

I regret to report to everyone that Edward my beloved Dragon has passed away tonight... He will be dearly missed and I will cherish our memories together forever.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear this. The pinworms may have just been a red herring. It sounds like he had something much more severe going on like organ failure. 16 years is an amazing run. He had a good long life and I'm sure a lot of that had to do with you caring for him so well.

Sorry for your loss... I know it’s hard losing a friend that you’ve had for that long and I’m sure Edward knew you were doing everything you could to help him. The thing about Bearded Dragons is they hide true illnesses until it’s often too late to treat them so they’re not viewed as weak by predators. In captivity they don’t know how to flip off that instinct that is helpful to them in the wild, and can be extremely hurtful to them in captivity. Here’s a link to memorial stones on Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/listing/486536149/8-bearded-dragon-iguana-chameleon-stone?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=bearded%20dragon%20stone&ref=sr_gallery-1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom