somethings very wrong with luna

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so about a week ago Luna was staying underneth her hammock in a corner. I'd move her on top of it and she would go right back under. ( btw her tanks been at like 85-90 and i just got vita sand from zoo med) she stayed there and looked depressed all week. she has a bath every day. She has not shed in like 3 months but she like 10 months now sooo. I handle her every day and she goes outside and sits with me. She has crickets but they dont get dusted like they should water fruits and spinch. i have a 150 exo terra intense basking bulb for the day with a 10.0 zoo med uvb and a exo terra black out bulb 100 for night. anyway i got back form a trip that was 6 days long and my dad took great care of her. he told me she stayed in the same spot and when it was feeding time she did not care. but she ate a cricket when it came to her. she did not eat her greens. And i forgot to mention she has not popped in like 10 days. ( soo ya u see y I'm worried) ok last night get home and i check on her and her hammock was on top of her!!! its not big and its happened a lot so its ok. ok well i love on her cause i missed her too much. i put her back and go watch shark week. I'm going to bed and she threw up like it was huge and it was allll crickets and it was about a forth of her. then i see a massive poop ( which was ok nothing to worry bout it was normal) I'm freking out a bout the thow up. well also she has not moved from her hammock since i put her there when i got done holding her. well she has not move since. and this morning i pick her up give her a bath and i put hr back and she is putting NOOO pressure on the right hand like she walks and forgets about not dragging it but limping. her eyes areas looking and she dark Im sooo freaked scared if she's ok so plz help us. and one more thing she has gout but its not bad but it's not good. i know her and i know something wrong i can't post pics up hereabout i will try my computers stubborn

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, no pics are showing up. Pics are very important so try to get them on here. Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload

She may have eaten the vita sand so throw that out. It can cause impaction + vomiting if she ate muh. Another problem is that her temps. are a bit too low, get it to 105 in the basking zone, the coolest side should be around 75-80. So with cool temps. that also may have caused her to vomit since she couldn't digest food with enough heat. Be sure to give her a rink by dripping water on her snout or a short warm soak [ supervised ]

She may also have a severe calcium deficiency/MBD [ bone disease ] if she hasn't been basking or is too far [ more than 10" ] from the light.

lunaloo

ok i think the pics are up there now. should i switch it back to carpet? do i just give her calciwater ( calcium powder with water ) how to i fix MBD

lunaloo

100572-2321813316.jpg
100572-7245175103.jpg
100572-2372676451.jpg
the one with her in my hand with me in the in the purple shirt was a while ago the one beside this sentence was today
100572-5468039941.jpg

lunaloo

Ok I've taken out All of the sand she is using the right leg again. tysvm everyone we aren to out of the woods yet but she is ALOT better!!!!!! also the calciwater help A TON!!!!! :blob8: :blob8:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry Luna isn't doing well.
I couldn't tell by the pictures, what type of Reptisun 10 you had, a long tube bulb, correct?
Is it mounted on top of or inside of the tank it looks kind of far from him?
Is Luna on gout medication also?
I do see the swelling on his feet, it doesn't look too bad but gout is something that doesn't
go away unfortunately.
I agree, it could be metabolic bone disease & complications from the gout perhaps. I am glad
that you removed the sand.
That's great she is using her leg again. So she is doing a lot better tonight?

Tracie

lunaloo

Yes the reptisun is what you said. it is six inches away from her i heard it needs to be less then ten. Should i raise her hammock? She at like 7 crickets she ran after them but hey at least she ate... she is still doing the lean and walk ( thats was I'm calling it ) but she is lookin and feeling much better. is it normal that she is going underneath the hammock in a corner??

lunaloo

she is not on medication should get some cause i never thought of that cause they use to be wild but i should get on that. And the UVB is not mounted on to the tank tysm for ur help :D :D

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
lunaeclispe":2yrrwmwa said:
ok so about a week ago Luna was staying underneth her hammock in a corner. I'd move her on top of it and she would go right back under. ( btw her tanks been at like 85-90 and i just got vita sand from zoo med)
>>> regarding vita-sand : aka Calcium Sand , the stuff is lethal to bearded dragons , it MUST BE REMOVED ENTIRELY IMMEDIATELY , the stuff turns into concrete in their gastrointestinal track and it's a horrible and extremely painful and slow death. <<< I read later in this thread you have removed the VitaSand ….. she's not out of the woods wrt this horrible stuff until she has completely cleared all sand in her GIT , I think it's worth getting her GIT xrayed to check for blockages and obstructions by a reptile vet....
>>>>>
>>> NO SAND, NO GRAVEL , NO SEEDS , NO MULCH , NO WOOD CHIPS , NO LITTER is suitable for a bearded dragon.

>>> too cold
regarding 85-90- temps , where exactly and how are measuring these (with what). 85-90 is a tad low for the warm zone
I run high 20s (Celsius) for cool zone, mid 30s (Celsius) for warm zone and NEVER MORE THAN 40 degC at the basking spot for my dragons. .

she stayed there and looked depressed all week. she has a bath every day.
<<< re baths …. why daily ?
…. not necessary for a bearded dragon.

She has not shed in like 3 months but she like 10 months now sooo. I handle her every day and she goes outside and sits with me. She has crickets but they dont get dusted like they should water fruits and spinch.
<<<< her diet is completely inadequate ….
she is not shedding because you have malnourished her (too cold , not getting enough protein, not getting enough calcium and not producing enough vitD3, and she's not growing properly and likely is suffering MBD and impacted (when was her last poo ?).
She's needed two feeds per day of insects as her main food source .

i have a 150 exo terra intense basking bulb
<<< is this a 150W Neodynium basking globe ? ie this http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/intense_basking_spot.php
or a 150W MVB ? or just an incandescent spot globe ? photos

for the day with a 10.0 zoo med uvb
<<< is this a compact fluorescent (and what wattage is it) ?
or
is it a T8 tube ?
or
is it a T5HO tube ?
….how is this installed (ie in a reflector hood or reflector hood ? , is it ontop a mesh lid or under it ?
… how far is it from the basking spot ?
… how long are the lights on each day ? 12hr , 14hr or 16hr per day.

and a exo terra black out bulb 100 for night
<<< is this a globe the emits visible light or is it a ceramic heat emitting and only gives off heat ?

photos of tank set up , and of the lights (all of them).

. anyway i got back form a trip that was 6 days long and my dad took great care of her. he told me she stayed in the same spot and when it was feeding time she did not care. but she ate a cricket when it came to her. she did not eat her greens. And i forgot to mention she has not popped in like 10 days. ( soo ya u see y I'm worried) ok last night get home and i check on her and her hammock was on top of her!!! its not big and its happened a lot so its ok. ok well i love on her cause i missed her too much. i put her back and go watch shark week. I'm going to bed and she threw up like it was huge and it was allll crickets and it was about a forth of her. then i see a massive poop ( which was ok nothing to worry bout it was normal) I'm freking out a bout the thow up. well also she has not moved from her hammock since i put her there when i got done holding her. well she has not move since. and this morning i pick her up give her a bath and i put hr back and she is putting NOOO pressure on the right hand like she walks and forgets about not dragging it but limping. her eyes areas looking and she dark Im sooo freaked scared if she's ok so plz help us. and one more thing she has gout but its not bad but it's not good. i know her and i know something wrong i can't post pics up hereabout i will try my computers stubborn
I'm relieved she has used her bowels …. but ….
You need to address a lot problems with the tank , the lighting and GET RID OF THE VITASAND.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
lunaloo":3lq0impo said:
100572-2321813316.jpg
100572-7245175103.jpg
The UV source appears to be sitting on top the mesh lid ---- the mesh is blocking about 45% of the UVA and UVB ….
STRONGLY RECOMMEND moving it so it's hung under the mesh lid , aiming for 200 microW UVB / sq cm @ her basking spot , see below for more information viewtopic.php?f=34&t=235611

100572-2372676451.jpg
the one with her in my hand with me in the in the purple shirt was a while ago the one beside this sentence was today
100572-5468039941.jpg

lunaloo

ok the tank is in farenhight , i give her a the daily because she likes it and since she has gout its better to offer maximum drinking,hher last poo was friday, the UVB bulb is florescent and is 10.0 watts, its on the mesh and its 3 inches away from her basking spot, and the lights are on 14 hours everyday, the black out bulb gives out a purplish light and produces heat ( at night her tanks like 70-75 degrees, i will send pics in a little while , the vita sand it OUT every grain!!!! Could someone send me a pic of there tank setup so i can get an idea of what mine should look like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom