bearded dragon red tail tip? (blood or flesh colour) help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lubkoz

hi, i was with my beardie a little bit ago and there was a bit of shedding on his tail so i took it off and when i did the end of his tail was red like blood or flesh a day passed and the redness has started to go away but i am still worried that something might happen he does twich the end of his tail sometimes but he isnt showing any sighns of uncomfort he is still eating and running normally

thanks for reading :D
100450-470931759.jpg
100450-7279356043.jpg
100450-2316135569.jpg
i know that these are not good photos but i couldnt focus on his tail

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, the pics are too blurry but what you described is very alarming. You should never ever pull shedding skin off. That causes trauma to the new skin underneath. You can use some raw, unpasteurized honey on it, keep the tank clean so that no debris sticks to it too much and no loose insects are in the tank to munch on it. Hopefully it will heal up just fine but keep an eye that it does not get infected + spread up the tail.

lubkoz

Original Poster
thanks for the tips i will be sure to keep his tank clean and i will try that honey if i have any
the red part has now gone away and no more than 1-0.5 mm of it is still there so i will see if the honey will do anything how long should i keep it there for?

edit: i have put the honey on the red spot on the honey it said raw active honey but at the shop they said that it was the raw unpasteurized honey so ill see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom