Sleeping a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loganm12

My bearded dragon, Sampson, has been lazier than usual for about two days now. He is only four months old and he has never been like this. He is sleepier now and he’ll lay on his hammock and fall asleep but he tries his best to stay awake until it’s bedtime. He hasn’t been as active and he doesn’t eat as much. Usually he’ll run straight to the bowl when I put his food down but he doesn’t even touch it unless I put him down next to it but even then he’ll only eat a few bites of bugs or salad. He pooped twice yesterday and the day before that but he hasn’t pooped today at all even though I fed him dubias, superworms, and salad. I know he’s not going into brumation because he is too young for that so what else could be wrong??

Side note: I have him in a 20g long with an 18” reptisun 10.0 t8 tube (attached to underside of screen) and a 100w basking light with a light dimmer so it’s not too hot. I give him daily soaks to try and train him to poop in his bath only and I feed him supers, dubias, Calci worms, wax worms, and I will try hornworms sometime soon. He also gets daily salads of mustard greens, collard greens, dandelion leaves, butternut squash, bell pepper, green beans, raspberries, blueberries, mango (these are all rotated out to give a varied diet). All of his food is supplemented. Bugs with just pure calcium, greens with supercalhyd, twice a week his bugs are dusted with supervite by repashy. I also put grub pie by repashy in his salads to get him to eat since he used to be really picky.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
How close can he get to his uvb? Is there any lens covering the bulb? I would probably get him outside for some sun and see if he perks up at all. You might also want to get a fecal sample done.
I should also ask how old your uvb is.

Loganm12

Original Poster
kyleena29":28wwg52o said:
How close can he get to his uvb? Is there any lens covering the bulb? I would probably get him outside for some sun and see if he perks up at all. You might also want to get a fecal sample done.
I should also ask how old your uvb is.

He has a branch that he can get within six inches of his uvb light and I take him outside whenever it’s sunny after his bath and he always does perk up. The bulb itself has nothin covering it and it’s around three-four months old. I would take him to the vet but the closest exotic animal vet is two hours away and I live with my mom so I have to work with her schedule and we’re also struggling with money right now. He did poop earlier today and he seemed a little more like his usual self afterwards.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Well I think your uvb is good. How long are lights on for the day? What are the temps on the basking spot and cool side? What are you using to take temps with?

You can also call around. It's possible a vet might do a fecal sample without going through an exam.

Loganm12

Original Poster
kyleena29":31ttr4fp said:
Well I think your uvb is good. How long are lights on for the day? What are the temps on the basking spot and cool side? What are you using to take temps with?

You can also call around. It's possible a vet might do a fecal sample without going through an exam.

The lights are on 12 hours a day and the basking spot is usually between 100-110f depending on where he sits to bask and on the cool side it stays 75f. I use a temp gun and I did use a digital thermometer just to double check but it broke. I also just remembered that my vet said I could take a fecal test to any vet and they’d be able to send it in to the lab.

Loganm12

Original Poster
kyleena29":1xojpnl9 said:
Everything else sounds good. I think the next step is the fecal sample.

And also, he’s on tile so most definitely he’s not impacted. But I’ll most certainly do that!! Thank you :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom