Does my bearded dragon have tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry the link isn't showing the picture. Is the entire tail darker or just a single band on it?
It doesn't sound like tail rot, but a picture is always helpful. Has the tail been injured recently
or had retained shed on it?
There is always some color variations on the tails.

Tracie

RidleyStein

Original Poster
Drache613":1ztjg5tt said:
Hello,

Sorry the link isn't showing the picture. Is the entire tail darker or just a single band on it?
It doesn't sound like tail rot, but a picture is always helpful. Has the tail been injured recently
or had retained shed on it?
There is always some color variations on the tails.

Tracie

It is just a single band about an inch and a half long, but I checked and it’s still flexible, not stiff. I don’t think he has injured it recently but it may have had a little bit of shed. His shed has been kinda spotty recently and I mean that in a literal sense too, where he only does specific areas at a time.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I can see the photo. It doesn't look damaged at all, just a darker area of scales. It might be an oncoming shed at the end of the tail. It just looks like natural darkening along the tail though, nothing to be concerned with.

RidleyStein

Original Poster
CooperDragon":11slo1cq said:
I can see the photo. It doesn't look damaged at all, just a darker area of scales. It might be an oncoming shed at the end of the tail. It just looks like natural darkening along the tail though, nothing to be concerned with.

Ok thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom