Baby not eating too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieSobek

Hi everyone, the last 28th of June i got my first bearded dragon. He was born the 20th of May.
Firstly he wasnt eating very much crickets but i thought that he was adapting to his new home but since then he has eaten 2 crickets and 3 dubias.
He has all the light and heat that he needs because i checked it lots of times, he drinks water well and he sometimes licks vitamins and calcium from my fingers.
I'm a bit worried about him because he hasn't gained any wheight or length...
Thank you everyone :)

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Hello there, let's start by checking some things.
What size is the enclosure?
What type of UVB are you using? (be very specific with name and if it's coil or tube)
How close can he get to it?
Is there anything between the UVB and your beardie? (screen, plastic lens, etc.)
What do you use to take temps with?
How hot is the basking spot and cool end?
How often are you using calcium/vitamin?
How long are you leaving lights on for the day?
Are the feeders you are using small enough for him? A good indicator is the length between his eyes from the top of his head.

Hello, just got our adorable baby bearded dragon July 3rd and he is about 3 months old. Not actually sure if it's a he but I hope so after finding out the females can lay eggs without being pregnant? I'm going to check with a flashlight tonight and see if I can figure that out? He eats some leafy greens(mustard and collard greens) and about 20 crickets /day is that enough? Doesn't eat more than that even if offered more. Thank you in advance this site has been the best place for information on our new Baby beardie: Blue (Named him Blue after watching new Jurassic world movie?) ❤?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
lovemybluereptile":17g1i2dj said:
Hello, just got our adorable baby bearded dragon July 3rd and he is about 3 months old. Not actually sure if it's a he but I hope so after finding out the females can lay eggs without being pregnant? I'm going to check with a flashlight tonight and see if I can figure that out? He eats some leafy greens(mustard and collard greens) and about 20 crickets /day is that enough? Doesn't eat more than that even if offered more. Thank you in advance this site has been the best place for information on our new Baby beardie: Blue (Named him Blue after watching new Jurassic world movie?) ❤?

OK : he's 3 months old , how much does he weigh ?

If he is 3 months old, he's still a hatchling and needs a diet that is nearly entirely live insects , and at least two (2) meals of live insects EVERY DAY - three (3) meals per day are even better.
The BEST feeders for him are :
>> Blacksoldier fly lavae, pupae and flies
>> Blowfly lavae , pupae and flies
>> silkworms (lavae and moths) …. he'll handle medium sized silkworms (up to 1.5" to 2" long)
>> crickets or locusts or roaches *
* …. need to be gutloaded (using carrot chunks and green leafy high calcium greens) and dusted using powdered colloidal (as opposed to grown) CaCO3.
* …. given 2 or 3 at a time , let the dragon catch and eat them , then give a few more, repeat until the dragon looses interest

See viewtopic.php?f=76&t=234999&p=1807834#p1807834
Aim for the highest protein , and highest Ca/P.

Temperatures (what are they ? , how are you measuring them ?)

UV it is mandatory for a healthy dragon to have a high intensity UVA & UVB source ,rated at least 10% , see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=235611

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom