What is going on???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok my beardie is 5 months old and yesterday she started to act really weird she pooped in her food dish which isn’t weird but she didn’t move out of it she literally laid down in it. And today when I turned on her lights she sat there and woke up but later during feeding time she was still there still staring at lord know what I looked and couldn’t find anything!!! She ate her fill of roches she wanted and started staring again! And I been staring at her and I convinced myself something is wrong her beard looks dark and I’m just freaked !
97325-301924954.jpg
97325-8915979196.jpg
97325-9838655251.jpg

Hi there!

While I would definitely keep a close eye on her for the next few days, your dragon doesn't look obviously unhealthy. I'm not terribly experienced, as I've only had my little guy(Gar) for about a year, but I think sometimes they just have off-days where they act a little weird or darken up(assuming nothing environmental has changed, temps are good, uvbs up to date etc). Gar's definitely had an unusual grumpy/weird behaviour day, or a lone odd poop/accident, before being his hungry, happy self the next day.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What type/brand of UVB lighting are you using & which basking light do you have?
Did she just start staring like this recently?
If you have changed anything in her tank, that can sometimes cause them to go through a little
bit of stress. As long as she is eating, that is a good sign.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Christycree

Original Poster
Drache613":3jm59x5j said:
Hello,

What type/brand of UVB lighting are you using & which basking light do you have?
Did she just start staring like this recently?
If you have changed anything in her tank, that can sometimes cause them to go through a little
bit of stress. As long as she is eating, that is a good sign.

Tracie

10.0 uvb tube bulb and yes it was 2 days ago now from today the 7of July... to think it was after I cleaned her tank she just started freaking out like this I did change it up just a lil but i was told they are curious and like a lil change from time to time... I didn’t think this would put her into a spiral of staring at absolutely nothing... yes she eats her food just fine no worries there... I’m so scared I’m going to loose her it’s already is breaking my heart there is no dr around me until next Friday!!! The nurse lady that would talk to me over the ph from a vet a ways away said to take her out and get her an hour of real sun a day

Christycree

Original Poster
97325-6894699796.jpg
97325-3341611088.jpg
She’s staring at one spot in her tank and I’ve cleaned it and even turned it around to look at it to make sure I wasn’t overlooking something....

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing, is she still staring? Has she been eating?
I'm sorry, I thought I had answered back.
How close is the Reptisun 10 tube bulb to her & it is the long tube bulb, correct?
If she continues this behavior you may need to take her in to the vet for analysis.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom