MY LIZARD ATE CHOCOLATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am freaking out, and I am so worried, my bearded dragon found a peanut m&m on the floor that my little brother accidentally left behind and she FLIPPING Inappropriate word removed by Moderator ATE IT. I am scared to death Inappropriate word removed by Moderator. It was the size of a dime! Before I got to her, she was already chewing, and I desperately tried to get it out of her mouth and my fingers were a tiny bloody mess afterwards. I don't even care about that, I am so concerned for her health now. I bathed her in warm water and rubbed her tummy so she can poop but she has already pooped that day. I let her run around but all she did was urate. She is currently sleeping right now but I have been literally crying. I don't want anything bad to happen to her because she didn't know any better. I want to call a vet but I don't know how to get to them.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any activated charcoal at home?
Or you can get some parsley, cilantro, & mint mixed together in a greens slurry to give to her
to try & detox her system.
Does she have a black beard?

Tracie

queenbeardie

Original Poster
Drache613":324ip8li said:
Hello,

Do you have any activated charcoal at home?
Or you can get some parsley, cilantro, & mint mixed together in a greens slurry to give to her
to try & detox her system.
Does she have a black beard?

Tracie
No she does not have a black beard, and we don't have activated charcoal or some of those greens.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You will need to try to get one of those things, to help make sure her system gets detoxified.
She may go unscathed but I don't know. It isn't good for them that is for sure.
Do you have any tomato or tomato sauce? That can help bind toxins also, but just a small amount.
You can mix it with water to dilute it.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this morning? Please let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

queenbeardie

Original Poster
Drache613":ot21aamu said:
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this morning? Please let us know how she is doing.

Tracie
UPDATE:
My dragon has been doing fine. She took a poop the day after, and she has been her active self ever since. This doesn't mean I'm just going to leave it at that. I have still given her warm baths to help her get out what she could still get out and I have fed her more greens. Unfortunately today, she had diarrhea, but I knew this was going to come. I have kept her hydrated and fed her crickets; she is her full and happy self. Everything seems to be going fine but I will still be watching for any unusual signs.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The one from Bug De Lite is excellent and I keep it with my dragon wherever he is (home, road trip, etc). Very easy to dose and administer which makes a difference when you are in a hurry and in a panic.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh poor thing! I am glad she hasn't had more symptom. It sound like though she is going to be
alright. Hopefully her system will flush it through more but be sure to give some extra oral
fluids to help keep her hydrated since she has had diarrhea.
Thanks, Cooper! I think it's always a good idea to have charcoal around also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom