Dehydrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahMr98

Does my beardie look dehydrated, I noticed him looking wrinkled yesterday so I gave him a, I wanna say, 5 minute bath until he wouldn’t tolerate it anymore. He’s hates baths, he’s is currently shedding and during his last shed he wrinkled up too and I also gave him a 5 minuet bath that time. He is currently in a 20 gallon long (temporarily until he’s bigger) he’s got a 100w basking lamp and two 65w ceramic heaters, both stay on during the day and one stays on at night/all the time. (I know that’s sounds like a lot but my house is cold and gets down to about 62 Fahrenheit in the house at night) and a 10.0 UVB light, his basking spot stays about 100-105 and the cool side stays about 80-85. I use an infrared thermometer to measure the temperature. Just curious as to what I should do, more baths? I don’t want to stress him out too much, he’s still young and doesn’t exactly love me yet although we are working on that. He’s eating and pooping regularly, although he does seem very slightly lethargic but as soon as the food comes in that changes.
98558-4145212756.jpg
98558-2026566626.jpg

And just for reference this was him about two weeks ago before his shed

98558-4043236184.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he doesn't like baths I wouldn't stress him with them. The wrinkles aren't a sign of dehydration they just have loose skin that allows them to puff up and pancake out when they want to. He does look a little bit skinny though. What does he eat? What is his meal schedule?

Is your ReptiSun 10.0 a T8 or T5 tube? How far is it above his basking area?

SarahMr98

Original Poster
CooperDragon":uussh5be said:
If he doesn't like baths I wouldn't stress him with them. The wrinkles aren't a sign of dehydration they just have loose skin that allows them to puff up and pancake out when they want to. He does look a little bit skinny though. What does he eat? What is his meal schedule?

Is your ReptiSun 10.0 a T8 or T5 tube? How far is it above his basking area?

Okay good to know, he eats 2 times a day 20 Phoenix worms in the morning and 20 at night with a salad and about 20-30 crickets, he eats it all but he’s been out of crickets for a couple of days, so it’s been 50 worms at night, the crickets are coming in tonight and he hasn’t been eating all the worms. I think that’s why he’s looking a bit thin, he’s usually a chunky boy haha and as far as the bulb being a T9 or T5 I’m not sure I’ll have to get back to you. Do you think I should be feeding him more?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Does he eat any greens also, or primarily insects?
He could probably use a little more food, but that amount isn't too bad. Two feedings per
day is good. He should fill out more with the addition of the crickets again.
The tube bulb will have the type stamped on the base of the bulb. If it's a T5 it will be a
very thin bulb as opposed to the T8 which is a bit thicker.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom