3 yr old female injuring self

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nice orange beard ! The pics of her feet are a bit blurry, it looks healed but just dirty, is that maybe dried blood or poo ? The dark area on her tail looks just like dried poo. Give her a warm bath + use a soft toothbrush on her tail.

And pet store sand is not good, many dragons eat it because it has calcium in it. Best to go to a garden center and pic up a bag of childrens play sand and plain topsoil. Use this only if her feet are healed though.

Gizmo2015

Original Poster
So for a temporary fix, I laid down reptile carpet and made a lay box with sand. She immediately went in there and started digging like crazy, her wounds are closed and later I will give her a nice bath and scrub her feet and tail. She seems happy digging so, hopefully she will be ok for now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She looks good now, so hopefully the sand will help her out so she can dig. I hope her hands
are feeling better! That could be dried blood on her feet, so you can try bathing her to see if
the darkness comes off.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Gizmo2015

Original Poster
She is doing so much better. Her toes are healing, no sign of infection. She seems to like the sand box and I situated tunnels around it with log half’s, which she is exploring. I’ve been giving her more out of time and giving her her favorites. She likes celery greens and apples a lot. She is enjoying being pampered. Thank you all so much. I will continue to watch her hands

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OH, of course.....after you put the sand box in there for her. LOL A lot of them tend to do
that for some reason, while others have to make themselves a huge burrow!
How is she doing today? She looks pretty proud of herself there.
That's great her hands are healing up well too without any infection hitting them.

Tracie

Gizmo2015

Original Poster
She is doing great actually, she looks sooo skinny though. She was ravenous this morning. Ate whole salad, crickets and worms. Lol she is very active and sweet tempered today. I’m gonna give her a nice bath later ? Thank you for all of your advice. I totally adore her and sometimes feel like I may not be doing everything she needs. I google everything! I just want her to be cared for well.

Jeanine

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Jeanine,

I am sure she was hungry, egg laying usually makes them use up energy plus, they lose weight,
too after laying.
That's great she had her salad with some bugs, too! She should have a great appetite for awhile
to gain some weight back. I hope she enjoyed her bath also.
Let us know if you have more questions & how she's doing. They really are the love of your life.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom