Very worried this might be Yellow Fungus, Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagnarok

My bearded dragon Kugmo has had this patch of discolored skin on his chest for about 2 weeks now, not really sure what it is, I know about yellow fungus and it's my worst fear for the little guy, I love him so much and I'm terrified it's YF because I know it's a death sentence...

Kugmo is yellow in color so I'm not sure if it's improper shed or something worse please any veterans here help me out, thank you very much, I'll attach pictures of the area with the discolored patch and other photos of Kugmo being Kugmo

97038-6907040970.jpg
97038-6389346896.jpg
97038-4363272796.jpg
97038-8941384111.jpg
97038-3671790389.jpg
97038-9955155844.jpg
97038-425609537.jpg
97038-8107466404.jpg
97038-2591475165.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Kugmo is a unique name, he is very handsome. :D
Those areas appear to be just skin that hasn't shed off yet but not yellow fungus though.
I think he will be just fine. Sometimes it just takes awhile for old shed to come off, but
it will eventually shed off.

Tracie

Dagnarok

Original Poster
Yeah he's a handsome little guy ? Kugmo is a word in my wifes native language Bisaya, it means booger hahah, but I just thought it made a good name for a Dragon.

Thanks for the info, I was very worried. I hope you're right about improper shed, I'd hate for him to have some serious problem like YF.

Dagnarok

Original Poster
Thanks for the compliment, me and my wife think he's a good looking beardie too, I think I want to breed him actually so I always have baby kugmos..

I went into this place called Pet Kingdom here in Las Vegas. I had no intention of buying any animal let alone a bearded dragon, but he was just too cute and called out to me, here's a video or our first encounter, It's a Facebook messenger video because I sent it to my wife to try and convince her to let me get him...

Needless to say he's our baby now and she loves him too.

https://youtu.be/k2Wll-cdN_Y

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is Kugmos doing, is the skin looking like it is going to shed off yet?
So you got a new little one? You will be keeping them separate, right? You might want to
consider testing them both for Adeno before breeding, to ensure they are healthy.

The new little one is very cute, I hope he does well for you.

Tracie

Dagnarok

Original Poster
It's not shedding it's just staying there, I only have one beardie, that was a video of Kugmo as baby, he doubled in size within the first 2 months, from 8 inches to 17 inches!

I really hope it's nothing serious, I tried to brush it with a toothbrush when I was bathing him, but no change at all whatsoever.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is the skin area looking? If there has been no change, then it is likely just an area that
will eventually shed off. Are you using any cream on it right now?
Is he still eating a lot then?

Tracie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Pastella":v0pvpdhy said:
I just wanted to drop in and say Kugmo is incredibly handsome! :love10:
I Agree, He is a very handsome witblits citrus beardie! :) but It definitely is not Y.F. It looks just like retained shed to me. :)

View media item 61022 Daisy says hello to Kugmo and Good job for taking such good care of him. :)

Dagnarok

Original Poster
kugmo said hello Daisy, He's diggn the bunny ears hehe. Um it still looks the same, I have been using this special coconut oil spray I bought on this bearded dragon website. http://beardeddragon.co/

His eating habits have changed over the last 2 months or so, he's eating far less these days, sometimes every other day, he's about 10 months old now I'd say, he's 17 inches and 445 grams, I just weighed him this morning, last week he was 489 grams, I had taken him to the vet and she said she saw some pinworms but not enough to be concerned, she said it's pretty normal for them to have them and some vets don't even recommend treating them, but I ordered some "Liquid Fenbendazole 10% Dewormer" banana flavored, and gave him about 0.4cc, according to the directions they gave me going by his weight, that was a few days ago and he's still only eating once a day and not even touching his veggies.

His basking spot is around 100-105 and there's a Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO bulb across his whole tank.

Any Feedback would be greatly appreciated

P.S Here are some more photos of Kugmo
97038-6698396653.jpg
97038-6754504558.jpg
97038-9167225943.jpg
97038-7642499553.jpg
97038-1538014771.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, he's a very pretty dragon, nice color and I love the pic where he's really smiling. :) The little bit of discolored scales is nothing to worry about at all, I've seen that on many dragons and at times it can remain just as a blemish, the same way that we can get skin blemishes.

I do want to mention that he is very overweight, it would be good to restrict his insect feedings even though he's 10 months old. Once they get too fat it's difficult for them to lose it so better to do so now before he gets older and joint problems develop and much worse conditions like gout , organ damage and a short life.

Dagnarok

Original Poster
Now Kugmo is self conscious, he thinks he's fat now LOL...

On a serious note, what weight in grams should he be if he's 17 or 18 inches?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, I didn't mean to insult him. I should have used the phrase " just a bit fluffy ". :) Dragons do have different body structures but a 17" dragon is good at 350-400 grams.

How's he doing now ?

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol He doesn't look fat at all to me. He looks like a nice healthy beardie with a little chub to him. :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He is definitely handsome but also def. overweight. The more people see them at that size they think of it as normal. You would never see one in the wild anywhere near that weight. And dragons are jokingly referred to as couch potatoes by many owners [ including on this site ] at 3-4 years old as if that is their true nature but it's almost always associated with overfed + overweight dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom