Yellow fungus??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl00DxR3D

So we picked up Reptar and I seen this spot on his belly, I was totally wondering how the hell he got highlighter on his belly?!
We then went looking online just in case and found yellow fungus pictures. They usually had cracked skin and were a flat yellow color, this spot totally looks like he went over a yellow highlighter, but he definitely didn't come into contact with one because we don't have a yellow green highlighter. He acts totally normal and has energy and eats well, he just shed his legs then back and now his face and one leg that didn't get she'd. We got him a month ago maybe from a lady that was going off to college and never owned a beardie so it was a ton of research in a hurry. Thank for any info!

full

full

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That really just looks like some areas on his belly that are going to shed. :D
It definitely doesn't appear to be any type of yellow fungus coloration, to me.
They shed in different areas at different times, as adults. How is his appetite doing since
you just got him?

Tracie

Bl00DxR3D

Original Poster
He eats really well and will also eat from my hand if I put greens by his mouth, we also trained him to drink from a syringe so we can make sure he is well hydrated. He has shed almost everything except a few spots and they all turned grey before they were ready to fall off, none of the spots had coloration like that, just a dulled version of his normal colors or kinda like a frosted window grey . His belly has no real color on it except the black lines that appear if he is mad or stressed but definitely no yellow green color, it's seriously as if I took a highlighter and marked him with it, total neon yellow/green color. I had no idea that that could happen before a shed, changing actual colors from what they are normally or colors where there normally isn't any. We put a little bit of anti fungal on it just in case and we are really hoping your correct. He seems to be acting normal as he usually is and still plays and likes coming out of his home. We feed him mustard, collard, turnip, bok choy greens, and for meat he eats super worms and wax worms for a treat, he won't eat crickets but we are going to be ordering him some dubia roaches soon so he can have good variety. Thank you for your input, I will do more research looking into the color changing thing while shedding, it's really vibrant so that's why we didn't think it was just from his shedding.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

Lol They do get into some pretty crazy things, But it's definitely not Y.F. Could he have ran over something like a paintbrush or a marker? It Look's similar when my girl Cisco ran over a purple marker and got a purple streak down her belly (Thankfully she was in shed and it was a washable marker). Have you tried putting him in the bath and gently scrubbing that area? :) or as Tracie said it could just be some odd coloured shed.

-HippieLizards.

Bl00DxR3D

Original Poster
He definitely hasn't had the chance to run over anything like that, we are very careful to rid everything from the area that he's going to be playing in. We did give him a few baths since and rubbed it good trying to see if it would just come off, but no luck with that. We usually either hold him or have him on our bed or couch when he's out and there is never really anything on the bed or couch when he's playing except maybe pillows and blankets. Really happy that no one thinks it's YF because we had just lost our dog to cancer and a few days later we found this and read up on YF saying it will eventually cause his death, my wife couldn't take that right now so I'll very happy it is something else. We will continue to treat it with anti fungal and act as if it might be YF just in case, extra cleaning and care couldn't hurt lol. Thank you all for the input, imreally wondering what else it may be, totally bizarre because it looks just like a highlighter marked him up. We didn't raise him as a baby and were thinking to ourselves maybe his previous owner had marked him for some reason and we didn't notice?? But I really don't think that would be possible because he's out with us daily and we give him baths and attention and also check up on him and his parts all the time to make sure everything is all good, especially the last month or so because he's been shedding so we check him all over to make sure he's doing well with it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is fine, if you want to go ahead & treat proactively, it shouldn't hurt him. How is it
looking today, any changes? Sometimes the shed has some strange colors to it, making it
appear yellowish to greenish at times.
Keeping everything clean definitely isn't a bad thing! LOL
Let us know how it turns out though.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom